Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatherUppercut

I dig it... liked Ohms a little better, but Genesis is definitely a deftones song

Hidalgo

cool. i heard half of it from that bad quality leak, but this sounds so much better. sounds like Stef isn't using the 8th or 9th string either on the low end, but can't tell for sure. glad he's not just spamming that 9th string the whole album, lol

sharinglungs

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 17, 2020, 05:41 PM
cool. i heard half of it from that bad quality leaks, but it this sounds so much better. sounds like Stef isn't using the 8th or 9th string either on the low end, but can't tell for sure

I'd say definitely the 8 on this one.

Also I love that quick gallopy thing in the riff he does... I don't think he's done anything like that before.

LG95

Don't get the Diamond Eyes comparison.
I could float here forever

funksk8er

nicklav

buflen

I have not listened to the song, because I decided to wait, but from what I read, I can see myself liking this much better than Pink/Triangle as an opening track. P/T was weak.

sharinglungs

Quote from: buflen on Sep 17, 2020, 05:49 PM
I have not listened to the song, because I decided to wait, but from what I read, I can't see myself not liking this much better than Pink/Triangle as an opening track. That was weak.

That's a little strange to say, considering you've not heard the song.

E-Money

Shit slams. Love hearing the bass so warm in the mix! Not used to hearing that with them. The bridge is beautiful.

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 17, 2020, 05:50 PM
I have not listened to the song, because I decided to wait, but from what I read, I can't see myself not liking this much better than Pink/Triangle as an opening track. That was weak.

Double negative. It means I will like it better.

LG95

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 17, 2020, 05:54 PM
Shit slams. Love hearing the bass so warm in the mix! Not used to hearing that with them. The bridge is beautiful.
Yeah great low end.

sharinglungs

Quote from: buflen on Sep 17, 2020, 06:00 PM

doh! sorry didn't see that lol./

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 17, 2020, 06:05 PM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 17, 2020, 06:00 PM

doh! sorry didn't see that lol./
I re read myself and saw how confusing my sentence was so I edited it.

E-Money

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 17, 2020, 06:02 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Sep 17, 2020, 05:54 PM
Yeah great low end.

Love the Doomy Riff. Also the instrumentation almost sounds live to me.. production is so much better. Sergio sounds fantastic.

DEF_RICHIE

Also I love that quick gallopy thing in the riff he does... I don't think he's done anything like that before.

I noticed that too...can't help but follow along with it with a quick double to triple headbang  ;D

Penicks

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 17, 2020, 04:39 PM
This song did nothing for me on first listen. I don't like the overdubbed vocals in the chorus and the heavy riff sounds like Royal and other songs from Diamond Eyes.. Maybe it will grow on me though since I didn't like Ohms at first either.

same here, sounds even a bit overproduced? so far not too impressed with ohms but we'll see

Moz La Punk

I just listened to it ONCE, Ive already played Ohms to death and I want to wait till the entire record is out so everything (well except ohms) feels fresh!

I do have to say the song surprised me in how in your face it is, in a good way! Nice opening, certainly better than P/T as an opener, and it might grow to be better than Diamond Eyes and Swerve City as well. Love it!

Lincblade

I have not listened to the song, because I decided to wait, but from what I read, I can see myself liking this much better than Pink/Triangle as an opening track. P/T was weak.

Pink Triangle is a Weezer song my dude

LG95

Big Boss

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 17, 2020, 06:22 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 17, 2020, 04:39 PM
This song did nothing for me on first listen. I don't like the overdubbed vocals in the chorus and the heavy riff sounds like Royal and other songs from Diamond Eyes.. Maybe it will grow on me though since I didn't like Ohms at first either.

same here, sounds even a bit overproduced? so far not too impressed with ohms but we'll see

Gore underproduced. Ohms overproduced. These guys can't win