Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secretbandinsider

That song sends me to heaven man. Pretty much like all of their closers do.

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 20, 2020, 08:56 PM
Hang on, people don't like GUNS RAZORS KNIVES? That shit rules. CMND/CTRL bangs too. Such a bouncy groove and riff.

Mein is shit, Combat's not good at all, LMIRL does nothing interesting after the intro. It seems popular now to say that Pink Cellphone is ok up until Annie Hardy's monologue at the end. It's not, it's shit all the way through.

Those are the outright bad Deftones songs. I've been LG95, good night.

Wow, never really heard anyone express a dislike for Combat before. Like all the heavy songs on SNW, Chino's screaming is just not up to par for me, but the song itself is pretty solid. Always liked the space rock vibes on it.

Abe's drums kicking in on Riviere is such a stunning moment. That song is hauntingly beautiful, just wish it was a little longer.

LG95

Maybe I'm overstating it but Combat does sound a bit to me like a lesser band trying to sound like Deftones.
I could float here forever

BallZDeeP

70 more pages by weeks end

sharinglungs

if it leaks it'll be about 400 pages.

BallZDeeP

buflen

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 20, 2020, 09:48 PM
Maybe I'm overstating it but Combat does sound a bit to me like a lesser band trying to sound like Deftones.
For me a song that fits this description is Prayers/Triangles. thought I don't think the song sucks per say

Visionz

Quote from: Draken on Sep 20, 2020, 09:06 PM
I couldn't get this damn clip of the video to embed for the life of me but this is how you Gore fans look to me:

https://youtu.be/wHQP1YqB-p4?start=218&end=235

Haha wtfing hell was that?!?! I felt like I was in the twilight zone or some thing. What I'm really wondering is how the fuck you found something like that or why somebody would make something like that. don't take it wrong I liked it but how strange?

Visionz

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 20, 2020, 09:10 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Sep 20, 2020, 09:07 PM
Combat is amazing. Sounds huge and has some great drumming by Abe. One of the stronger SNW tracks for sure.
agreed. i'd say riviere, rapture, kimdracula, and combat are my favorites from SNW

Combat I feel was one of the tracks on that album that was thought out structurally and had ideas behind it. It's very different and in my opinion there was nothing like it before it. I might be sounding like I think it's epic or something and I don't but it is a good track where Chino's screaming isn't all the way up to par but it's still good

BAM

Draken

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 20, 2020, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 20, 2020, 09:06 PM
I couldn't get this damn clip of the video to embed for the life of me but this is how you Gore fans look to me:

https://youtu.be/wHQP1YqB-p4?start=218&end=235

Haha wtfing hell was that?!?! I felt like I was in the twilight zone or some thing. What I'm really wondering is how the fuck you found something like that or why somebody would make something like that. don't take it wrong I liked it but how strange?

Lol. Doug does a lot of editing for Tim and Eric, this is a clip from a short series he did on YT called Pound House.
It's very David Lynch meets T&E.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 20, 2020, 04:16 AM
Quote from: plagasx on Sep 19, 2020, 11:14 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 19, 2020, 10:49 PM
I think Pompeji and Spell of Mathematics will be top 10 songs.

Can you say if either of those are slow songs like a Sextape type?

I hope we get one of those slower atmospheric songs on the album 🤞

Pompeji is sort of like a mixture of Sextape and Cherry Waves except a little creepier and sinister.

Between this description and the description from the MH review, it sounds like this will be a favourite for me. Give me dark, creepy, sinister, etc. all day and I'm happy.

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 20, 2020, 07:45 PM
I've been trying to wrap my head around why I prefer Gore over Koi despite Koi being the slicker, infinitely better-produced album (don't worry, this ties into Ohms and I'll get to my point soon). I've realized it's because Gore is much sadder than Koi - P/T, Acid, Geo, H/W, (L)MIRL and Phantom Bride all have that melancholy vibe to them, while I would only really say the verse on Entombed, the bridge on Rosemary and maybe little parts of Leathers and Poltergeist sound sad (and those are really more bangers, even if they are dark), perhaps the Goon Squad intro, but that's about it. I guess I'm just a sadboi at heart. :(

From what I've heard, The Spell of Mathematics, Pompeji and the bridge on Ceremony definitely have some of that haunted sadness vibe to them and I hope there's some other sad moments for all my sadbois and sadgurls.

That's how I feel. I love Gore, which I know is in the minority, but I really do. It's not that I dislike any Deftones album, I love them all. But the dark or sad music they make just sounds better to me. (L)MIRL is one of my favourite Deftones songs ever specifically for that reason. My only criticism is that it changes tone somewhere in the middle and sounds kind of happier, but it's still incredible. If Ohms has more of that, then it'll be a huge success in my mind.

plagasx

Guys, my nipples are TINGLING with excitement!

LG95

Daniel P Carter's Radio 1 Rock Show will be a Deftones special next Sunday. He's playing the album in full, along with interviews with Chino, Frank, Abe and Sergio.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

There you have it. Full leak next sunday!

Inkblades

buflen

I have not listened to the song yet. but I'm curious...whats that person reaction?

lungdamage

Snack!
Munch!
REAAAAAAAAAAACT!

lungdamage

Quote from: buflen on Sep 20, 2020, 11:57 PM
I have not listened to the song yet. but I'm curious...whats that person reaction?

Pretty much turned it off straight away. She seems to be an absolute tripper 😂

Vesanic

Okay, I dig Genesis. The breakdown decrescendo is way, way too short.