Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roidragee

I'm hoping its like WGTB because I love that song but I dont see how it could be any heavier than that song was in terms of vocal ability. Can't wait to find out though, I've seen a reviewer say its one of his favorite tracks on the album.

buflen

Quote from: Prty on Sep 19, 2020, 01:28 AM
People share press and reviews about the band here alot, he falls into that catagory, there are plenty of others here who follow him, has gotten me into a number of bands and artists. Hopefully that explains things.

Edit: I don't think he has expressed his opinion on genesis yet, that comment may have been tongue in cheek, he recently retweeted a link to genesis however which I took as approval but I could be wrong.
he is streaming every friday. so he probably gave his opinion there.

Inkblades

Okay, looking at the chorus.fm thread on Ohms and a guy named Drew Beringer (who I think owns chorus.fm) has an advance copy. Here's what he said on This Link Is Dead:

"it's heavy but it's not WGTB heavy - the comparison that review is making might be more towards how Chino's screams sound"

Some of his other thoughts on the album:

"some of the best Deftones songs ever are on this album - it's not so much a return to roots, it's more that the energy and excitement is back."

"this album is essentially all the best parts of SNW, KNY, and Gore put together."

"changes every day but my favorites right now are Ceremony Pompeji This Link Is Dead and Radiant City"

"pompeji will be regarded as an all time great Deftones song."

buflen

Youtube forced me to listen to the intro of Genesis because it autoplayed it after the song Lift Off by Mike Shinoda. At least I stopped it before it started for real. Kinda annoying. fuck you youtube.

Vesanic

Given how much talk of advance copies there's been and the amount of reviews out there, it's amazing it hasn't leaked.

Roidragee

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 19, 2020, 04:13 AM
Given how much talk of advance copies there's been and the amount of reviews out there, it's amazing it hasn't leaked.
KNY never leaked either until the day before right? Maybe that might be the case here too

Inkblades

KNY leaked a few days before its release.

secretbandinsider

@Inkblades Holy, if my excitement wasn't through the roof already...

zeromindset

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 19, 2020, 03:55 AM
"this album is essentially all the best parts of SNW, KNY, and Gore put together."
This part in particular concerns me quite a bit. I do enjoy Koi, but these are definitely my 3 lowest rated Deftones records

Vesanic

All the Deftones records up to White Pony have leaked at least a few days before the release if I'm correct.

Inkblades

Quote from: zeromindset on Sep 19, 2020, 05:02 AM
This part in particular concerns me quite a bit. I do enjoy Koi, but these are definitely my 3 lowest rated Deftones records

Lol I knew I shouldn't have posted that quote. Honestly, man, everyone is gonna have different takes on how the album reminds them of this or that. I've seen Genesis compared to damn near every Deftones song under the sun in the last day and I was doing it myself. I maybe need to stop doing that. At the end of the day, don't read TOO much into what people say it sounds like and form your own take when you hear it yourself. Overall he seemed to really dig the album and that should be the most important takeaway.

zeromindset

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 19, 2020, 05:19 AM
Quote from: zeromindset on Sep 19, 2020, 05:02 AM

Lol I knew I shouldn't have posted that quote. Honestly, man, everyone is gonna have different takes on how the album reminds them of this or that. I've seen Genesis compared to damn near every Deftones song under the in the last day and I was doing it myself. I maybe need to stop doing that. At the end of the day, don't read TOO much into what people say it sounds like and form your own take when you hear it yourself. Overall he seemed to really dig the album and that should be the most important takeaway.
Yeah, I agree with you there. That's fair. And even if they're my least favorite records, he did say the best parts of them, and that would still be really sweet. Either way, I appreciate you posting that btw, and I am trying to stay positive. I'm stoked for the record!

Draken

My bottom three Deftones records.  :(   but I ain't that worried. I already love what I've heard so far...

Quote from: buflen on Sep 19, 2020, 04:09 AM
Youtube forced me to listen to the intro of Genesis because it autoplayed it after the song Lift Off by Mike Shinoda. At least I stopped it before it started for real. Kinda annoying. fuck you youtube.

haha. That's what I was afraid would happen to me until I just decided to listen. Couldn't pass up an epic moment like a Deftones video premiere. How often do we get those

Far away

Can you imagine if this Anthony guy had an account in here? That would be funny...Btw, I have no idea who he is. Not like his opinion matter to me, anyway.  This whole 'influencer' thing is a joke to me.
Do I want fans to like it? Sure, but if the record turns out to be insanely good for me, idgaf about anyone elses opinions, let alone a bunch of online randoms.

Draken

thats a healthy perspective to have

if fantano does come here i just wanna say this is for his negative Deftones reviews

Inkblades

All I gotta say about Fantano right now is I am 100% convinced that dude is a huge cokehead. I've watched some of his recent streams and the amount of times he does the sniffing nose touch is alarming.

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 19, 2020, 02:58 AM
Apparently This Link Is Dead is the heaviest they've been since WGTB.

man don't play with my emotions

Penicks

from now on anyone who mentions this fandango character will get a two hour ban

DenakDW

So... im the only one that has really huge high hopes for pompeji? i mean...really really high hopes, like when i first heard minerva or even rosemary. What a feeling, i miss those days.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

punkflop01

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 19, 2020, 06:36 AM
from now on anyone who mentions this fandango character will get a two hour ban

hahahha