Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 16, 2020, 06:37 PM
Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 16, 2020, 06:26 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen but Sergio and Deftones IG accounts are posting lyric teases and a QR code with the album art in it... ::)

Errors out for me

That's the point, it takes you to deftones.com and has the 'click hear if you think you came here in error' which then takes you to the tease of Genesis   :D

sharinglungs

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 16, 2020, 06:37 PM
Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 16, 2020, 06:26 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen but Sergio and Deftones IG accounts are posting lyric teases and a QR code with the album art in it... ::)

Errors out for me
That's just the name of the link ;)

Visionz

So I have to open an Instagram account to see this stuff? That is why I hate this day and age of things for music and art. Why can't we still have record stores and open things physically in the car? Why do I have to have all these social media platforms to get clues? ::) ;D I get it but it's not as great.

Anyone care to snapshot any of that and post here? Pretty pretty please?

LG95

It's just the link you would have got on their mailing list yesterday I think.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Yup, it's the same QR code that leads to deftones.com/reborn.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 16, 2020, 07:10 PM
So I have to open an Instagram account to see this stuff? That is why I hate this day and age of things for music and art. Why can't we still have record stores and open things physically in the car? Why do I have to have all these social media platforms to get clues? ::) ;D I get it but it's not as great.

But you can still go to the record store and open things physically in the car. Just like you could before.

imbrie

Get with it, grandad!

Visionz

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 16, 2020, 07:19 PM

Get with it, grandad!

No thank u. Not just for this

Visionz

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 16, 2020, 07:18 PM

But you can still go to the record store and open things physically in the car. Just like you could before.

Yeah i dont have a record store anywhere near me. I ordered it and will wait for it.

Sleeping_Giant

Hearing this teaser makes me so happy. It's so great they chose such a peaceful and calm song for the second single. I didn't expect that. Maybe it's something like Mascara  ::) I feel Genesis will be a radio-friendly hit

Draken

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 16, 2020, 07:24 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 16, 2020, 07:18 PM

Yeah i dont have a record store anywhere near me. I ordered it and will wait for it.

bahaha, j/k. I feel the same way sometimes.

E-Money

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Sep 16, 2020, 07:50 PM
Hearing this teaser makes me so happy. It's so great they chose such a peaceful and calm song for the second single. I didn't expect that. Maybe it's something like Mascara  ::) I feel Genesis will be a radio-friendly hit

😈😜

buflen

For someone that didn't hear the teaser on purpose, I don't even know if it's sarcasm.

Inkblades

Genesis is for sure one of their poppier, upbeat songs, as it is indeed influenced by Phil Collins. Think Sussudio but by Deftones.

Inkblades

You guys are gonna love the trumpet solo on Genesis.

Matthewtheloser

I would actually really like if they had some sax on a track

kurtone

The synth on genesis reminds me of the intro they were using on the Diamond Eyes summer tour.

Gaz

One of the best intro songs for live shows they used was Be Wild by M83

976-EVIL

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Sep 16, 2020, 07:50 PM

Thinking the exact opposite here. Really excited to hear the track, but I feel like this is the calm before the storm on this song.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.