Breach Unborn

^that's awesome. let me know how that goes. post pics

final 4:
Nog
Wandy
CroCop
Barnett

Gaz

Really looking forward to UFC 61, I'll be downloading it tomorrow.

Oh and I'm chuffed that fellow Englishman Mike Bisping won TUF 3, I hope they plan a UFC event over here in the UK sometime in the near future.

Teddy.

Spoilers Below if you haven't seen the event.

I was pretty dissapointed with UFC 61 but highlight of the night? CHUCK LIDDELL vs WANDERLEI SILVA in november if chuck sucessfully defends his belt against Babalu. I have to say sorry to Babalu because I was rooting for him but now I hope Chuck wins so we can see that fight happen.

Breach Unborn

^yeah, everyone is the same way. we all wanted to see Babalu beat Chuck, but now that Dana landed this Chuck has to win. i would like to see a UFC vs. Pride series, but i see UFC winning it 3-1 even though Pride has better fighters

Chuck over Wandy (if UFC rules, and cage)

Franklin over Henderson

Hughes over any 170 in Pride

Fedor/Nog/Barnett/CroCop over any UFC heavyweight

lostcancer

fucking bitch ass Arlovski he got all emo on us now

Teddy.

haha emo how?

WFA in 2 weeks got dang! I hope I can meet some of the fighters, hopefully I can go to the weigh ins.

lostcancer

jamesthecat

Haha!  I got started on one night becasue I was talking to this chap about martial arts.  One second it was all hunk-dory and the next he's telling me he's gonna knock seven shades of shite out of me.  I can't remember why the sudden change of mood happened.  I seem to remember him telling me he was shit hot at something , then me saying jokingly "id kick your ass at judo". I suppose that's the risk you run when you're talking about fighting to complete strangers.  At first he was sympathising with me after witnessing bouncer brutality, then he probably wished they proper kicked my head in.

Gaz

I was also dissapointed with UFC 61, it had an anti climax feel to it, the Arlovski vs Sylvia fight was dull, can't beleive Andre didn't try to take Tim down

Tito vs Ken...well, I was shocked at how Herb Dean stepped in, but on the replay you can see Ken wide open taking those elbows to his face. I they will definatly have another fight sometime soon.

Breach Unborn

it sucks for Tito to be 'coming back' during this time. Babalu gets the next title shot, then Chuck fights Wandy. the earliest Tito can get a shot at Chuck is like Feb.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Jul 14, 2006, 07:34 PM
I was also dissapointed with UFC 61, it had an anti climax feel to it, the Arlovski vs Sylvia fight was dull, can't beleive Andre didn't try to take Tim down

Tito vs Ken...well, I was shocked at how Herb Dean stepped in, but on the replay you can see Ken wide open taking those elbows to his face. I they will definatly have another fight sometime soon.

I think if they fight again, Ken should agree to retire if he loses.

OneBloodyFist

Basically everyone I've talked to who has real respect for MMA (including myself) HATES the idea of Ortiz vs. Shamrock III. Dana White, however, knows exactly how to make a dollar. He's definitely a smart guy, and he wouldn't let an opportunity like a third fight between them pass him by. When Ken loses, he'll probably retire anyway. Hopefully.

Teddy.

Dana white is making a "big" announcement on espn an hour from now but I don't seem to have that espn channel. I wonder what it's going to be. Last night I was joking around and said it would go something like this...

Dana White: "i'd like to introduce you to a good friend of mine, Fedor!"

haha but seriously what could it be? if you find out post it here.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Teddy. on Jul 17, 2006, 06:09 PM
Dana white is making a "big" announcement on espn an hour from now but I don't seem to have that espn channel. I wonder what it's going to be. Last night I was joking around and said it would go something like this...

Dana White: "i'd like to introduce you to a good friend of mine, Fedor!"

haha but seriously what could it be? if you find out post it here.

ESPN or ESPN2 and what time East Coast?  I'm actually starting to get sick of UFC.  It's starting to look more and more like Pro Wrestling as time goes by.  I'd much rather watch K-1 and Pride.

Teddy.

4:45 pm est but it's on the ESPN News channel

rainnyx4

Quote from: Teddy. on Jul 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
4:45 pm est but it's on the ESPN News channel

Ok, not sure if I have that channel but I'll check.  If not I'm sure the big news will be all over the net by tonight.

Teddy.

The announcement was a Matt Hughes vs GSP rematch. It isn't news to the hardcore fans but it's good to see mma presented so well and the casual fan now knows about this fight. I can't wait and I am definately going to be there because it's going to be in Anaheim CA.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Teddy. on Jul 17, 2006, 09:04 PM
The announcement was a Matt Hughes vs GSP rematch. It isn't news to the hardcore fans but it's good to see mma presented so well and the casual fan now knows about this fight. I can't wait and I am definately going to be there because it's going to be in Anaheim CA.

I just came back to my computer to let you know but looks like I was too late.  I figured it wasn't going to be that great of an announcement.  You're lucky for getting to go though.  It's probably going to be a great fight.

Breach Unborn

yeah, everyone knew Hughes vs. GSP II was coming up. should be an amazing fight. Hughes is one of the 2 all time favorite fighters, but i really think GSP will beat him this time

and as previously mentioned, i agree that Ortiz vs. Shamrock III would suck, as would Ortiz vs. Griffen II. Tito should/will probably fight the loser of the Babalu vs. Liddell rematch

Teddy.

The Bushido card is looking good and I just saw that they added Aleks vs Sergei which is crazy! I hope Sergei doesn't get messed up like last time.