Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

I'm listening to Thoughtless, if you tell me that the album is much better than this song, I'll download it.

now, please give me a link!!  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

nineteen

The album is just amazing. I keep hearing new stuff everytime I listen to it.

It's not a literal revisit of their early albums, it just has Korn written all over it and the sound/emotion of why I got into them in the first place.

The way it was recorded is brilliant and proves that everything doesn't have to be perfect.

Mothman

I really enjoyed it. It has a lot of crazy guitar noises and great riffs everywhere. The best KoRn album in a lot of years, although I really liked the untitled LP.
You move like I want to.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

mr.sinister

Lead the Parade is some crazzy shitt! Love it.

Mothman

You move like I want to.

Jacob

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jul 18, 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm listening to Thoughtless

no matter how much I despise Korn, I can't help but find this song pretty awesome. at least they got something right.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defTHE1s

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
I'm listening to Thoughtless

no matter how much I despise Korn, I can't help but find this song pretty awesome. at least they got something right.
Yes, is at least one of the best from Untouchables.. this albums is like the worst to me, but nothing beats Untitled haha (being THE WORST)
Quote from: Mothman on Jul 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jul 21, 2010, 04:28 AM
Here we go.
thank you dude! I was about to upload that MOS Live you requested, but for sure it's on the Deftones D&R.. But if you can find what you're looking for, tell me and I'll see what can i do!

Mothman

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jul 22, 2010, 02:46 AM
Quote from: Mothman on Jul 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jul 21, 2010, 04:28 AM
Here we go.
thank you dude! I was about to upload that MOS Live you requested, but for sure it's on the Deftones D&R.. But if you can find what you're looking for, tell me and I'll see what can i do!
I already got it! Thanks to that Downloads Thread and an old/new friend: Soulseek xD
You move like I want to.

from_musings

Sad to hear what happend to this band. 90's Korn were good but they really should stop making music now.
They are just selling records now because they used to be good, just milking whatever is left of their trademark.

nineteen

Bands don't get shit. It's myth.

Your interests just change that's all.

Music ain't good or bad - you just either like it or not.

from_musings

I still like them and respect them for what they have done in the past, but i rather listen to Head's solo effort than to Korn 2000-->.
Although he's not the best singer out there,I think his songs have the quality i hear in Korn's first four records.

I think Untouchables are one of the worst rock records i own.

Mothman

I guess you're generally right, Korn haven't released their best music in these last years, but this record, "Remember Who You Are", I do believe it's much better than Untitled and previous albums. It is simple, agressive and it has nice guitar riffs. They have simplified their music and the experiment sounds good.

To me, the most problematic fact is the question: "Did they do that because they needed that change artistically or they're just trying their sales to rise?  :(
You move like I want to.

mr.sinister

I like how RWYA is just so raw. The drumming is very impressive I think.

theis

Quote from: nineteen on Jul 22, 2010, 06:32 PM

That's ridiculous.

nineteen

Quote from: theis on Jul 23, 2010, 12:09 AM
Quote from: nineteen on Jul 22, 2010, 06:32 PM

That's ridiculous.

Well, what I'm trying to say is that someone may like the same song/album as much as someone else hating it. Nobody's opinion on it is the highest opinion so you just either like it or not. Like Art.

Probably not many people agree but it's how I try and live by music. Like I said above, even that opinion isn't valid for everyone - you'll either like it or hate it.

ben

hahah that's such a fucking cop-out, I wish things were that simple buddy.

nineteen

Who knows....but yeah I like their new album anyways. Definitely better than what I was expecting.

Jizzlobber

Korn arent such a bad band...they are still very active musicians and are touring and promoting in 2010, so it should be a good year for them.

I got re-aquainted with Korn recently through reading Fieldy's auto-biography "Got the life"

i recommend the book to anyone who reads "rock star" bio's..its really good...Fieldy really lived it up through Korn..enjoyed lots of alcohol,drugs,parties,money,fame....he lives the life that only a succesful band can afford a person, proving that they cant suck as much as some people say they do....coz Fieldy's life is fucking great!! : ):)
<

sing blue silver

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM
Korn arent such a bad band...they are still very active musicians and are touring and promoting in 2010, so it should be a good year for them.

I got re-aquainted with Korn recently through reading Fieldy's auto-biography "Got the life"

i recommend the book to anyone who reads "rock star" bio's..its really good...Fieldy really lived it up through Korn..enjoyed lots of alcohol,drugs,parties,money,fame....he lives the life that only a succesful band can afford a person, proving that they cant suck as much as some people say they do....coz Fieldy's life is fucking great!! : ):)

many people in many bands have had wild and crazy and interesting lives. take everyone in motley crue for example. motley crue still fucking blows. your point makes no sense.