Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Korn was cool 12 years ago......

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I was talking with Vesanic of it like a month ago and yeah they were great back in the day, especially with songs like lost, wicked and my favorite off Life is Peachy CHI !
Rip Korn 1994-1998

E-Money

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 01, 2010, 04:16 AM
I was talking with Vesanic of it like a month ago and yeah they were great back in the day, especially with songs like lost, wicked and my favorite off Life is Peachy CHI !
Rip Korn 1994-1998

yea man they used to be wicked.  but nu-metal is over.  thank god. 

wax

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 01, 2010, 04:11 AM
The video came out today and is laughable

rocket skates and/or diamond eyes > oildale           never considered myself a fan and it wont happen.. 39 years old and still bitching about being a kid... loser    that video was shittier then the song   korn need to hang it up   next

defTHE1s

is not that good as the old korn, but i'm glad at least it doesn't sound like their untitled album

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P976BE/

There you can listen to the samples of that CD
Seriously is that the sound of the first 2 CDs? LOL

mr.sinister

Sounds like TALITM to me. Not bad but not great  either.

Subliminal

Their new album is excellent. I don't care what anyone says. If Jonathan is still crying about his childhood or whatever, who cares. It's the music I care about.

Just like I'm not really fussed about Chino's obsession with pussies and sex for song lyrics :D

Although Jonathan sings about more than just being unhappy, there's a lot of spiritual references in there and it actually sounds like their energy is back. It helps that their new drummer is fuckin' brilliant.

mr.sinister

Im going to check this album out.

defTHE1s

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jul 05, 2010, 06:10 AM
Im going to check this album out.
well, me too

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

nineteen

New album is really cool.

At first I thought it sounded weak, but it does grow on you seeing as the production is like it used to be on albums - rough and interesting. I love how it brings back the feeling of albums in the 90's with bits of stuff at the start and end of songs.

There was nothing wrong with Nu-Metal as it's all a part of the evolution of metal music. Folks will be complaining of the current Morse-Code/SmartBoy/EarPlug/BoDiddly/Iron Maiden rip off bands in 3 years time as well.

Just check out the dynamics in their new album. More than what most albums have these days.

ALightOn

I d go check em out because they are playing Shoots N Ladders, Helmet In The Bush, Blind (I know), Need To AND Clown...if they came somewhere reasonably close, that is...

defTHE1s

Ok, I'll download it, but if it's something similar to Untitled, DELETE!!

mr.sinister

I thought it was a swell album,.

wheresmysnare

Listening to the samples i'm hearing the same familiar reasons why I never got into Korn back in the day

nineteen

It's brilliant as an album.

Subliminal

The album just gets better and better.

mr.sinister

Im actually really enjoying Pop A Pill and Fear is a Place to Live

Subliminal

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jul 17, 2010, 08:00 PM
Im actually really enjoying Pop A Pill and Fear is a Place to Live

Me too man, Fear Is... fuckin killer and Lead The Parade is just classic, fucked up, weird and crazy Korn. It's about time Jonathan did messed up vocals.

E-Money

Korn is garbage now. I only have respect for them because they have done some great things for Chi. But unfortunately that doesn't make their music any better. And the new album cover flat out sucks.