Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

That was pretty decent, actually. Sounds like their old stuff.

Is that Ross Robinson producing?

defTHE1s

yeah.. i think he is

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

emotivelotion

What you think about oildale?
[youtube=425,350]dufXEq_Qokc[/youtube]

sing blue silver

korn hasn't made a good album in years and anyone who even plays with the notion that they are remotely better than anything mike patton or maynard has ever done is just plain stupid.

emotivelotion

nobody said that dumb ass, you better read the whole thread again; oh well, patton is closely a genius and he deserves all respect, hope you understand this, maybe it's my fault, my broken english is not enough for you to get it, sorry

sing blue silver

Quote from: emotivelotion on Apr 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
nobody said that dumb ass, you better read the whole thread again; oh well, patton is closely a genius and he deserves all respect, hope you understand this, maybe it's my fault, my broken english is not enough for you to get it, sorry

i did kind of skim over everything. i've been an ass today. apologies. i used to love korn but i kinda just grew out of it. i still listen to some life is peachy once in a while but meh. after see you on the other side i just stopped caring all together.

emotivelotion

It's ok, I know they're not the best  but I'll support 'em 'til end of times, they were in my top for years just like the deftones, lawl
Now I need to break some italian to be ready for upcoming perro mundo

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I heard that song leave me alone and gotta say it has a heavy vibe which is good. Havent listened to something like that from korn in years, the last one I remember is Justin from Follow the leader.

defTHE1s

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Apr 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
I heard that song leave me alone and gotta say it has a heavy vibe which is good. Havent listened to something like that from korn in years, the last one I remember is Justin from Follow the leader.
and that was a freaking awesome song!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 29, 2010, 01:35 AM

Along with seed and dead bodies everywhere :D

defTHE1s

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Apr 29, 2010, 01:46 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 29, 2010, 01:35 AM

Along with seed and dead bodies everywhere :D
yeahh for sure dude!!

skinnypuppy

the new single is horrible and rehashes moments they created decades ago, rather than trying to take that energy and vibe to create something new. BORING. his lyrics are as bland and dumb as ever. and the worst part is how the vocals are layered in the mix. i couldnt even tell it was him at first.

beaverwithfishyshoes

theres only one vocal layer really, centered, so whats the problem? i'm a big fan but it's too unimaginitive. the chorus is catchy, but what about a good riff? some odd melodies? and a better groove man.. like really funky.  

Starz

trying to go back to their roots. it's better than anything they've released post Issues though.

wax

and to think there would be no korn or nu metal if steve vai got his guitar to be built how he originally wanted with a high A string instead.....

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: wax on May 05, 2010, 07:36 PM
and to think there would be no korn or nu metal if steve vai got his guitar to be built how he originally wanted with a high A string instead.....

Deftones made their first 3 records with 6 strings guitar. And I consider them new metal, just they are the good and non-stagnant kind of it.
Still get your point, though. korn dependsway too much on having a low tone.

wax

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 10, 2010, 01:12 AM
Quote from: wax on May 05, 2010, 07:36 PM

Deftones made their first 3 records with 6 strings guitar. And I consider them new metal, just they are the good and non-stagnant kind of it.
Still get your point, though. korn dependsway too much on having a low tone.

i think korn set the blue print for the nu metal sound and lyric content -detuned guitar and john davis' whine bout life lyrics along with the hip hop influenced look   i always thought of deftones as alt-metal that took the nu metal influence from korn when it came to the low guitars and maybe a tad of the look   otherwise NOT nu metal,  imo  they just got easily lumped in cos of the time and playing together

its like zeppelin said after led zep 1v 'no one compared us to sabbath after that'   mainly because of stairway   wp was like zeps 1v, to me

pinkmaggit

I think that Deftones showed the world that they had so much more to offer and didn't deserve to be lumped in the nu-metal category with Around the Fur.White Pony cemented this.
I have to say I'm dissapointed with Oildale - it's sounds very unimaginitive.Even though I've never loved Korn nearly as much as Deftones I've always run out to buy their albums the day they're released.I don't see myself doing it this time unless the other tracks are better.
Ross RObinson is producing this time but it doesn't mean anything unless they have the songwriting to back it up.
For me Oildale shows just how much Deftones haved progressed while Korn have remained stagnant lately.
It just shows you that you don't need to go messing around with electronica to be experimental and to push the envelope.
Deftones have done it with brilliant songrwriting and unusual song structures.

wax

Quote from: pinkmaggit on May 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Oildale... stagnant..

how old is john d??! grow a fucking sac son and move the fuck on in life....

some of their music is ok   lyrically a lot of crap and he doesnt have the greatest voice

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The video came out today and is laughable, around 2:30 you can tell he cant sing anymore. The live version sounded better but it must have been the acoustic on the shows because studio version blows. Bye korn you are done already.