Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jizzlobber

Quote from: sing blue silver on Aug 20, 2010, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Aug 17, 2010, 10:30 AM
Korn arent such a bad band...they are still very active musicians and are touring and promoting in 2010, so it should be a good year for them.

I got re-aquainted with Korn recently through reading Fieldy's auto-biography "Got the life"

i recommend the book to anyone who reads "rock star" bio's..its really good...Fieldy really lived it up through Korn..enjoyed lots of alcohol,drugs,parties,money,fame....he lives the life that only a succesful band can afford a person, proving that they cant suck as much as some people say they do....coz Fieldy's life is fucking great!! : ):)

many people in many bands have had wild and crazy and interesting lives. take everyone in motley crue for example. motley crue still fucking blows. your point makes no sense.

Oh well...
<

Penicks

skinnypuppy

i really dislike korn but really like skrillex and really like this song

Nebontha

Quotemany people in many bands have had wild and crazy and interesting lives. take everyone in motley crue for example. motley crue still fucking blows. your point makes no sense.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Oldnewtype

what the hell is a skrillex

Vesanic

This is a joke, and the worst joke I've ever had the chance to witness.

sing blue silver

i actually saw korn live a couple weeks ago with disturbed. got free tickets. the whole time i was thinking "if i was 14 i'd be losing my shit right now" but i'm 23 so i just hung out in the beer area and drank. still for nostalgia it was a fun show.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 AM
This is a joke, and the worst joke I've ever had the chance to witness.

Agreed!!!!!!
This is really one of the worst things I've heard in a long time - Korn should hang their heads in shame!  :'(

100Modem

why is Korn dubstep now?

from_musings

why is korn still around

skinnypuppy

The metal and dubstep crowd are very split, some metalheads love dubstep while others despise it. I'm one of those metalheads who loves dubstep, but don't get me wrong, I don't like korn anymore. they helped shape my childhood and introduced me to other bands, but the reason I gave up on them is because Jon Davis doesn't seem to have his life together at all, and not in an interesting way. The band keeps falling apart, losing members, and 'reinventing' themselves as if they're struggling to find a place in the music scene. I get the impression that they don't really care much about music, and have opted to just keep trying new things until one of their albums sells 200k again.

It took 20+ yrs, but Deftones have become larger than korn in many ways.

But instead of chino forcing dubstep on the band, he plays around with side projects. that's something jon davis never did.  some things should remain true to style, even shitty music like korn.

Oldnewtype

I think the new dubstep korn sounds slighly less shitty than the last korn albums.

skinnypuppy

the two songs I've heard so far I actually can dig. Not calling myself a fan, and it's a little weird listening to them, but I don't hate them. It's the sort of thing I just feel shouldnt be titled a korn record. but whatever.

Their upcoming LA show is gonna be so funny. I bet half the crowd will leave after 12th planet plays.

spitfire

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Nov 11, 2011, 06:23 PM
I think the new dubstep korn sounds slighly less shitty than the last korn albums.
totally agree, actually im quote curious to hear the full album and this is from a guy who hasnt been into korn since Issues came out, kinda felt they went in loop mode foward that, but i havent listened to any of them in full, it bothers me on the fourth/fifth song. I liked the songs with Skrillex, wanna hear the rest.

cesar421

wonder why Korn is still playing...they were pretty much done after Head left.

Jon Davis is a sold out guy.

skinnypuppy

any band that has ever made a cent on their music has sold out. so shut the fuck up.
Love,
Jon Hughes

cesar421

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Nov 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
any band that has ever made a cent on their music has sold out. so shut the fuck up.
Love,
Jon Hughes

don't care about that.

the fact is that Korn sucks and it's embarrasing that they are still around.
Deftones were smart by moving away from that Nu metal scene.

Sushi-X

But deftones were never really nu-metal.

Rocket Skates '94

snw9

Quote from: cesar421 on Nov 15, 2011, 09:03 PM
Quote from: skinnypuppy on Nov 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
Love,
Jon Hughes

don't care about that.

the fact is that Korn sucks and it's embarrasing that they are still around.
Deftones were smart by moving away from that Nu metal scene.

They suck yet they're so loaded and just keep going ;)
Code: [Select]

dictatesofreason

ATTENTION: KORN SUCKS
THAT IS ALL

:)