Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@Jambi

Started by fireflyry, Mar 02, 2009, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

no, but i enjoy reading them. although i have this really big book of astrology that is almost close to the truth.

tell me your birthday.

lostpilot

I'm a gemini, may 25.

I am borderline-believer when it comes to astrology.
I do believe that stars have some sort of power to determine your personality (not whole of it - then self-development through the causality in life would be meaningless), but I really do not believe in those daily horoscopes.

though, I had this situation now - I've read a yearly horoscope, and it said, that this year will be very prosperous for me, in form of "career" or "work". Since I am a musician and finishing a new album (which in my head is kinda the best music I've ever done), this gives me some (false?) hope over things. I start believing shit.. :)

edit: by the way, typical gemini profile kinda fits me

Crazylegs

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 01, 2010, 04:54 PM
by the way, typical gemini profile kinda fits me

if you read the others, i'm sure you would find that they all fit you on most points. Astrology is a big bag of bollocks.

lostpilot

I know - right, but there are some distinctive qualities that I do have.
and I do feel those qualities in other geminis I meet.

yes, I am with you here on "bollocks" part, but it is just interesting for me how some things do seem similar :)

Law

Don't really believe it, but it's nice to feel that there is guidance out there, I mean I have a 100 hot women in front of me, I need a way of whittling that down.

lostpilot

astrologers, THE MATCHMAKAHZ

Law

Haha too right.

It is Dredg day today, I need to make piece with the my art on my leg.

Oh and happy Easter everyone.

lostpilot

it's not even easter today.
and what's up with the tattoo?

blixa

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 01, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm a gemini, may 25.

I am borderline-believer when it comes to astrology.
I do believe that stars have some sort of power to determine your personality (not whole of it - then self-development through the causality in life would be meaningless), but I really do not believe in those daily horoscopes.

though, I had this situation now - I've read a yearly horoscope, and it said, that this year will be very prosperous for me, in form of "career" or "work". Since I am a musician and finishing a new album (which in my head is kinda the best music I've ever done), this gives me some (false?) hope over things. I start believing shit.. :)

edit: by the way, typical gemini profile kinda fits me

may 25 people are fighters. they may be devoted to protecting a cause, an idea, their country or family. yet in no way are they archaic or conservative in their beliefs, remaining up to date in their attitude toward the world. those born on this day value money, clothes, all the outward trappings of life, yet understand that they are merely the facade of a deeper spiritual life within.

the book goes on a bit more. it's really thick and it doesn't read like a normal astrology book. it's quite in depth about the personalities and characteristics of individuals born under each day.

lostpilot

Quote from: blixa on Apr 02, 2010, 01:14 PM
may 25 people are fighters. they may be devoted to protecting a cause, an idea, their country or family. yet in no way are they archaic or conservative in their beliefs, remaining up to date in their attitude toward the world. those born on this day value money, clothes, all the outward trappings of life, yet understand that they are merely the facade of a deeper spiritual life within.

well, many people would say "yeah this is the generalized truth", but it does say true things about me. I know the book would not fit me 100%, but I believe there are some minor characteristics and connotations that only fit me.

by the way - it's crazy how I am friends with this one girl (the one that pretty much inspired me to go to Turkey with Erasmus, she's now there, studying the same thing I will study later this year), she is also born on 25th May, and we are VERY alike. I mean, I know a lot of geminis, but me and her are the closest match when it comes to personality :)

blixa

it goes on to day:

since those born on this day are attuned to the rhythms of the world around them, they are able to survive social change, sometimes going with the flow, sometimes removing themselves. their friends and family will find that they are charming and agreeable only to a point, however. they will never compromise their opinions, even if it makes them unpopular.

they are philosophically oriented. they have clear ideas on a wide variety of subjects, and those ideas are usually part of a larger, more universal code. this may be a code of conduct or belief, or both. not only do those born on may 25 hold themselves to this standard, but may expect everyone else to follow it as well. those born on this day can be extremely unforgiving to those who cross the lines of decency. honour and personal responsibility are immensely important to them, and their expectations are correspondingly high. they must learn, however, to be more forgiving and tolerant in their treatment of others.

lostpilot

it's weird having those moments - reading the lines, and like - well, this is quite me; no matter how crazy does that sound.

What about you, Mazzy, does your day fit your character?

blixa

mine is exact word for word. that's why this book freaks me out. plus astrology was something that came out of mesopotamia and its people, whom i am a direct descendent from.

i guess i can understand why some people think it's bullshit because the most common form of astrology nowadays is the one in the papers and magazines. if you went to a proper astrologer and they drew up your chart, it would be different.

lostpilot

I remember doing this star chart thing online, with exact date birth (hour-like), place etc.
There was really a lot of truth in the results I got (that was like, what, some 2000 words or something. A really big report back, with how every planet affects my personality). and what's fun that in that report it's not just the, you know, "general" qualities of a person; that was some really specific inner nature stuff. And it was kinda great.

is there any possibility of you posting everything about may 25 somewhere, lol, you got me really interested. I like reading about myself - it sort of induces self-reflection as a personality.

blixa

it'll be my pleasure. i just have to get the laundry from outside. i'll come in and type the rest of it up.

lostpilot

awesome. take your time, I'm going to be online for the whole day anyway.
it's rainy outside, and I'm only going out for a movie night in like five hours..

I guess I'm just gonna try and do some more illustrations for my upcoming albums storybook.

Adam, don't you just love us, making your @ thread into our playground?

Law

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 02, 2010, 02:27 PM
awesome. take your time, I'm going to be online for the whole day anyway.
it's rainy outside, and I'm only going out for a movie night in like five hours..

I guess I'm just gonna try and do some more illustrations for my upcoming albums storybook.

Adam, don't you just love us, making your @ thread into our playground?

I do actually, makes me look popular for a change!

As you were.

lostpilot

by the way, kids, have you seen Shutter Island?
go watch that shit! I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a better movie in a couple of months.
yes, I am easily impressed and easily amused

blixa

it goes on:

may 25 people are not just mentally orientated, but markedly physical as well. unfortunately, their emotional side may be a bit repressed or, if damaged in childhood, severely blocked. they value affection but find it both difficult to express and accept. since their self-trust is not the highest, they may also be loath to trust others. whatever they do - be it art, sport, sex, or work - is beautifully crafted or executed, but unfortunately can also lack feeling. indeed, some born on this day take pride in themselves as cool personalities who are not given to displays of emotion.

what those born on may 25 must constantly fight is their fear of rejection. learning to be less fearful in general is important for them, no matter how forceful they may seem on the outside. building a foundation of self-confidence, perhaps slowly over the years, will guarantee them success in the world and keep them from sabotaging their own plans. those born on this day must find a way to live by their code of ethics without paralysing themselves in introspection or self criticism; their ideals should find expression in pragmatic ways. otherwise, may 25 people run the danger of becoming unrealistic about what they believe, and a bit out of touch with their true needs.

lostpilot

this is scary, right?
most of the stuff really fits me, like, fits me personally.

it's interesting how outside sources can help you find the correct words to define yourself.
thank you, Mazzy!