Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP

Started by There Will Be Blood, Jun 21, 2011, 02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Guns exist, bombs exist, grenades exist, weaapons will exist no matter what. We as humans deserve the right to protect ourselves. Imagine if the teachers had guns locked away to shoot them (there were 2 shooters...as is the case in most of these "random shootings") down. This could have been stopped by having the teachers protected.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

DeftonesNZ

Sorry but your logic is just fundamentally fucked ,more guns to solve the problem? You have to be kidding It doesn't solve the issue of why their mental issues weren't spotted earlier or how they managed to amass the guns so easily,People like you is why any significant change will never happen in America the rest of the world is baffled to how this could keep happening so often and you do nothing about it.

downtownpony

I don't see how his logic is fucked.
They would have shot the guy before he killed as many people. Is the idea of someone dying and not being able to continually kill people confusing to you?
It is interesting to note that a lot of these shootings have been happening in areas that do have more gun control laws than usual.

DeftonesNZ

It's fucked because it doesn't treat the cause,The psychos shouldn't be able to build up arsenals so easy The point is you shouldn't have to arm yourself you should trust your governments doing every they can to keep you safe and that means keeping dangerous weapons out of the wrong hands in the first place,The whole land of the free thing is an illusion when you can't even feel safe and have to  arm yourself in your own home or workplace.

downtownpony

I guess you  should be able to trust your government. But I think history has shown us that the government or ruling class rarely has the people's best interest at heart.
To give the gov the sole right to have arms puts them in a position of power that leaves us people completely helpless to what they may want to impose.

I do think that you shouldn't be able to own a firearm if you are on certain types of medications.

DeftonesNZ

I'm not completely against owning fire arms I just think there should be better processes in place to obtain them considering the damage that can be caused with them,I'm just sick of these sorts of mass shootings they seem to be getting more common lately

bright lights, big city

So now we should be arming the teachers? And send them to gun ranges while they're student teaching (assuming we want them to be accurate)? And where do store these guns in each classroom? Locked away obviously. But hey if there's a gunman coming down the hallway to my room who's to say I won't choke and fuck up the combination and take too long to open it?

Shouldn't the goal be to have no casualties, instead of say, only 5 or 10?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

downtownpony

Of course that should be the goal. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world filled with sane people. So these things are always going to happen and it would be wise to be prepared just in case. Best to have it and not need it than the other way around.
It wasn't too long ago that schools used to have rifle teams and similar gun training classes that taught young people the proper use and responsibility that comes with owning and operating a firearm. Now, I think there is a lot of people who view guns the same way anti/pro-weed people view Marijuana. They can't really step back and view it from a non-biased stand point because the extremes of both sides of gun control are the only ones being represented in the media.

I will admit that each teacher having a gun in their classroom does sound a bit extreme. Maybe a few ex-cop or military stationed at schools with a fire arm would be the better answer. They could be there for protection and educational purposes.

Jerry_Curls

It's just odd to me that in all these cases, witness reports always first state there are more than one gunman. Yet, always only one guy is caught/suicided. If atleast one teacher had a gun, they could have shot back at the shooter. When these schools have these "drills" to prepare for school shootings (ughh) they are told to be complacent and not attack...why the fuck not? Why let a shooter have their way with non-protected hostages? Why not tackle them down and gang up? I'm in no way saying it's an easy thing to do, but why teach adults/students subservient action? All of this is the same song and dance..drills just happened not too long ago at the school and this drill so happened to go "live". There were reports from the kids saying they thought it was a drill at first.

The shooting at the mall in Oregon just had a drill ("The sheriff said the gunman was also hindered in his efforts to kill more people by a fast police response, quick thinking from shoppers and a recently-rehearsed mall lockdown" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246748/Jacob-Tyler-Roberts-Gunman-Oregon-mall-shooting-identified.html#ixzz2Ermg6bdf

I don't know where I'm going with this, I'm just going on tangents...but I'll just stop now. People who are set on thinking guns are bad will never change their mind and believe Obama will change our world. He hasn't. All the government wants is for us to be un-armed and ready to lick the boots of the men in uniform while they walk down our streets.

p.s. R.I.P. to all the victims :-(
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bright lights, big city

What does wanting Obama to change the world have anything to do with guns and what just happened? He's done zilch with guns in the last 4 years. Blame it on the fact that's it's just not very well-regulated and that psychos that want to get some firearms can do it pretty easily with our current system.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

Man. If any of you actually knew what was going on you would want guns too. And the second shooter is always first reported. The batman shooter the sharped dressed man with the underwear bomber.

DeftonesNZ

What's with all the stuff about needing guns to defend yourself from the government is America that fucked up?

devilinside

America is uber fucked up. Oddly people still want to move here from other countries...go figure. I own several guns to defend myself from crazy mofo's trying to hurt myself or my children...or to bust a cap in a zombies head.

Penicks

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Dec 16, 2012, 03:22 AM
Guns exist, bombs exist, grenades exist, weaapons will exist no matter what. We as humans deserve the right to protect ourselves. Imagine if the teachers had guns locked away to shoot them (there were 2 shooters...as is the case in most of these "random shootings") down. This could have been stopped by having the teachers protected.

MUH FREEDUMS
MUH SECUND AMMUNDMENT
MORE GUNS

jesus christ dude

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Dec 16, 2012, 03:22 AM

MUH FREEDUMS
MUH SECUND AMMUNDMENT
MORE GUNS

jesus christ dude
Sorry that reminded me of this

RoyalDeftonicBoy

RIP Gerry Anderson creator of one of my favorite shows as a kid,The Thunderbirds :(

RoyalDeftonicBoy

RIP Jeff Hanneman from Slayer ='( This sux!

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

bright lights, big city

So sad. Another one before his time too. RIP.
DERP

Hank

R.I.P  Richard Collins AKA Philadelphia Collins
? -4/15/13

Collins died on April 15, 2013 in Halifax and is survived by his family.

" The Mustard Tiger"

Everyone that witnessed the Trailer will remember you.

Dirty Burger in the sky

Crazylegs

Bummer. I'd like to honor him with a bam if I may.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!