Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankz0r

Ceremony is the weakest one for me atm

Far away

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 25, 2020, 11:48 AM
Just so people don't blitz through Ohms too much straight away, there's a lot of good albums out today. New Bob Mould, The Ocean, Sufjan Stevens, Idles, Jamie Lenman, Svalbard and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't know how I'm going to get around to it all.

The ocean's 'Phanerozoic II...' is absolutely massive! Im completely hooked to it.
This week has been a good one for new music, for sure!!

LG95

Quote from: Far away on Sep 25, 2020, 12:32 PM
Just so people don't blitz through Ohms too much straight away, there's a lot of good albums out today. New Bob Mould, The Ocean, Sufjan Stevens, Idles, Jamie Lenman, Svalbard and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't know how I'm going to get around to it all.

The ocean's 'Phanerozoic II...' is absolutely massive! Im completely hooked to it.
This week has been a good one for new music, for sure!!
Haven't got to that one yet but really looking forward to it later.
I could float here forever

Frankz0r

Im diggin new Fleet Foxes

Vanby

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 25, 2020, 11:37 AM
Why no mention of Urantia, guys? This is one of their best songs ever, I don't get it.

I kept seeing people rave about Urantia and Error but they were two of my least favorite tracks on it.

Then something clicked this morning. I dunno. Maybe I needed to be hungover or something but I'm digging them as much as anything else on the album now lol.

Ceremony and TLID are still my absolute favs on this though.

defsteve

Quote from: Gaz on Sep 25, 2020, 08:26 AM
Still no email about the UK bundle pre orders, anyone had anything yet?

In work but seems like my CD and cassettes have turned up. Not heard anything about everything else from UK store.

Gold vinyl was dispatched from Banquet on Wednesday. Still waiting on that.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Gaz

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 25, 2020, 01:39 PM
Quote from: Gaz on Sep 25, 2020, 08:26 AM
Still no email about the UK bundle pre orders, anyone had anything yet?

In work but seems like my CD and cassettes have turned up. Not heard anything about everything else from UK store.

Gold vinyl was dispatched from Banquet on Wednesday. Still waiting on that.

My gold one arrived this afternoon, but still nothing from the official store, emailed them to ask what's happening but no response yet

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Frankz0r on Sep 25, 2020, 12:14 PM
Ceremony is the weakest one for me atm

It was for me at first, too. I even almost forgot about it after the first couple listens. But then something clicked and I love it now.

If you take out the vocals, and certain parts like the intro and the bridge, the song sounds like it belongs on ATF to me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Gaz

In terms of live songs, I'd like to hear

Genesis
Urantia
Spell of Mathematics
Radiant City
Ohms

elite54

I like Genesis, Ceremony, TSOM, TLID and Radiant City. Need more listens for Error, Pompeji and Headless.

Urantia's riff sounds like someone dicking around or the intro to a UFC fight, not into it.

Moz La Punk

Had another complete listen in the gym while working out, and pretty much all songs click with me now. Im starting to notice the details more, like the Digital Bath-esque sound on Ceremony, or both TSOM and Pompeji having long outros that are pretty awesome - followed by the creepy as fuck synth intro by Frank.

Also, the visual pictures with the songs on Spotify add a lot of cool vibes to the thing.

Really feeling the album gets better with each listen. Incredible.

secretbandinsider

Urantia outro could go on and on. I kind of wish it broke into a full-on gallop at the very end tbh.

Hidalgo

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 25, 2020, 02:56 AM
Don't know if this was posted yet.

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rock-interviews/deftones-talk-new-album-ohms?fbclid=IwAR1Ed-5RwO9XOhIT1vrChDwlRD38PtR2Rt_SLT7ZrvSPY9cbZHlspMm70bo

TSOM was the last song written for the album - in the studio, after abe and sergio were just messing around and chino sneakily said to record them from the other room :)
he also said there was a finished song(musically) that he tried and tried to make lyrics and melodies for, but just couldn't get there and had to walk away. so there went our 11th song, lol.

Ihateallofmyfriends

I would like to see them play the album in it's entirety at some point, I think that would be cool. Having said that, maybe as a special thing for their own post-covid headline shows,  they could do 45 mins for this and then 45 min- 1 hour medley of their past hits, I think that would be a good show format.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 25, 2020, 03:20 PM
I would like to see them play the album in it's entirety at some point, I think that would be cool. Having said that, maybe as a special thing for their own post-covid headline shows,  they could do 45 mins for this and then 45 min- 1 hour medley of their past hits, I think that would be a good show format.

Would absolutely love this, but i cant see it happening lol.

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Sep 25, 2020, 03:24 PM
Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 25, 2020, 03:20 PM

Would absolutely love this, but i cant see it happening lol.

Yeah, just wishful thinking on my part. Although if Sergio does pay attention to what the fans say on social media, if we talk about it enough maybe it will convince them to do it  ;D But sadly unlikely haha

LG95

Radiant City and Headless are now the songs spinning round my head.
I could float here forever

Sleeping_Giant

If there would be at least one hit song (Change/Digital Bath level) this would be my favorite record from them. And I'm not overreacting, this stuff is amazing. All songs are so solid, I can't find any weak parts at all (except Pompeji's chorus, it's too strange for me).

Inkblades

I feel like Stephen is the weak link on TSOM, unfortunately. It feels like he doesn't add much to the song, which is a shame because the other four basically give flawless performances on it.