Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 24, 2020, 09:25 PM
Enjoy the release day everyone. It'll probably be our last one for another four years.
i can live with that. this wait wasn't that painful. glad i'm not a diehard Tool fan, lol. that must really suck

ANattyRat

What's a visual tracklist?

LG95

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 24, 2020, 09:49 PM
You guys don't think the lockdown has given them a huge head start in terms of writing the next album though? I heard they finished writing Ohms like 2 years ago so I imagine they already have like 5-6 new songs in the can, but maybe that's too optimistic.
Individual members probably have ideas they've passed around but they've always essentially been a collaborative band, now more than ever. If they haven't been able to meet then they won't have written new songs.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

Vesanic

One more hour. I might actually hold off until the YouTube stream since this is how they want to roll it out, could be interesting.

Fuzzheadup

I have to say, Urantia is the only song that's a grower for me. I'm really digging every song on the album, but listening slow so I don't burn anything out just yet.

This is a completely different direction I thought they'd go, yet again. I can't pick just one highlight, but Error, Pompeji and Radiant City are really doing it for me.

Gaz

Errror has crept up to the top of the fav's for me, had it all around my head all day

Moz La Punk

Its officially out now in the netherlands. Listening in bed again through spotify. The vinyl will arrive tomorrow. Such a special day <3

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 10:04 PM
One more hour. I might actually hold off until the YouTube stream since this is how they want to roll it out, could be interesting.

Oh whens that gonna be? what time zone?

976-EVIL

Quote from: Draken on Sep 24, 2020, 10:22 PM

Same Question!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Playhouse

'This Link is Dead' is just what I've been wanting for so long. Chinos phrasing in the verses I fucking love. , i totally understand the WGTB comparisons. I can't think of any other tracks from the last 3 albums matching this kind of aggression in his vocals.
I get fucking chills through that whole song.
You're a star, You blaze

Moz La Punk

Now that im listening again Im really more and more impressed by all the weird melodies and structures and laters. Its so... unorthondox, unpredictable. In that sense it reminds me a lot of White Pony. Im really having a good feeling about my long term bond with this record. Sorry if this sounds to fanboyish, just some thinking aloud ya know.

Vesanic

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 24, 2020, 10:25 PM

Same Question!

https://www.facebook.com/deftones/posts/10158703301972491

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 10:35 PM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 24, 2020, 10:25 PM

Same Question!

https://www.facebook.com/deftones/posts/10158703301972491

Oh THAT, I thought you meant something separate because you said YT. Is that gonna just be on FB or on YT as well?

Vesanic

Woops. I just assumed YT when I saw that teaser, given the streams they did lately (WP20, DE10).

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 10:43 PM
Woops. I just assumed YT when I saw that teaser, given the streams they did lately (WP20, DE10).

ah ok, no worries. I was like damn how did I miss that?

Inkblades

"Fuck waves, I'm all about lakes and honey now!" - Chino Moreno circa 2020

Vesanic

Won't be able to wait any longer, a few minutes before midnight hits, I'll give it a go. Be cool while mods are gone.  ;)

Royal

Quote from: Playhouse on Sep 24, 2020, 10:27 PM
'This Link is Dead' is just what I've been wanting for so long. Chinos phrasing in the verses I fucking love. , i totally understand the WGTB comparisons. I can't think of any other tracks from the last 3 albums matching this kind of aggression in his vocals.
I get fucking chills through that whole song.

Absolutely feel the same by far one of my favorite songs ever!!!

976-EVIL

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2020, 10:53 PM
Won't be able to wait any longer, a few minutes before midnight hits, I'll give it a go. Be cool while mods are gone.  ;)

Enjoy it dude, hopefully your patience will be rewarded. Know I'm looking at the clock myself!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.