Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 18, 2020, 08:50 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Sep 18, 2020, 08:43 PM
The release lines up with a trip I have to the PNW coast. Can't think of a better venue for this album.

Dope! Drove from Portland to Seattle a couple years ago, beautiful country up there.

It really is, especially when it's not all on fire...

LG95

Quote from: RaptureWS on Sep 18, 2020, 09:01 PM
LG95 mentioned a review a few pages back from metal hammer. I can't find it anywhere online though. Anyone have a link or is there any scans up yet?
It's not online yet, just in the magazine. I don't have the facility to scan it right now unfortunately. I might type it out if people really want it.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 08:23 PM
What makes you say it will leak on Tuesday/Wednesday?

Big hyped up release, hard to keep a handle on something like that?

RaptureWS

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 18, 2020, 09:11 PM
LG95 mentioned a review a few pages back from metal hammer. I can't find it anywhere online though. Anyone have a link or is there any scans up yet?
It's not online yet, just in the magazine. I don't have the facility to scan it right now unfortunately. I might type it out if people really want it.

No worries man! It will be online soon enough I'm sure
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

E-Money

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 18, 2020, 09:11 PM

Any more info on songs we don't know much about?

Visionz

Quote from: Far away on Sep 18, 2020, 08:20 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 18, 2020, 08:03 PM
I'm eating my words, the song has grown on me like gangbusters. How do they manage to always have that delayed effect on me? Anyway, never been so glad to be wrong.

Theres a LOT of ppl in here who 'suffer' the same thing, me included. Some stuff, not all, ofc.
For instance, at first, I didnt like WP, at all. When I first heard Ohms I was like: "hm..ok. Not that good, solid song". Now that I could hear it with Genesis, Im looking at it with a different perspective, for sure.

I was anticipating white pony as hard as anybody I had just graduated high school and that's all I did was party and listen to music etc. etc. and I was weirded out by white pony at first except for a few tracks like Korea pink Maggit and boys Republic. It took a few months maybe even longer. so I can imagine it's even weirder for anyone newer to the band or someone who didn't hear it until years after it came out but I think generally it's a grower on mostly anyone. Casual fan, hardcore etc

sharinglungs

Hope we get some track by track reviews soon

Visionz

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 18, 2020, 09:35 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 18, 2020, 08:20 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 18, 2020, 08:03 PM
I'm eating my words, the song has grown on me like gangbusters. How do they manage to always have that delayed effect on me? Anyway, never been so glad to be wrong.

Theres a LOT of ppl in here who 'suffer' the same thing, me included. Some stuff, not all, ofc.
For instance, at first, I didnt like WP, at all. When I first heard Ohms I was like: "hm..ok. Not that good, solid song". Now that I could hear it with Genesis, Im looking at it with a different perspective, for sure.

I was anticipating white pony as hard as anybody I had just graduated high school and that's all I did was party and listen to music etc. etc. and I was weirded out by white pony at first except for a few tracks like Korea pink Maggit and boys Republic. It took a few months maybe even longer. so I can imagine it's even weirder for anyone newer to the band or someone who didn't hear it until years after it came out but I think generally it's a grower on mostly anyone. Casual fan, hardcore etc

The more I thought about it, it wasn't until I think the following year that I discovered what was inside of it and I've never stopped playing it since. And then the same thing happened with The self titled. But that one didn't take as long and is now my favorite if I had to choose

Draken

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 18, 2020, 08:22 PM
What's gonna be your ritual for listening to the album, guys? Usually I go on a drive for albums I'm anticipating but this time I think I might do some forest trail wandering.

same, I'll be driving up to a nearby lakehouse on Friday (my bday). Having it release on my birthday is like God saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LET THERE BE AWESOMENESS" so I can't ruin that. Probably do some hiking as well. I can't listen to it at home since I'll want to listen at decibel levels that will for sure get the cops called.

secretbandinsider

I would kill for a track by track review right now, it would make these last few days of waiting so much easier

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 18, 2020, 06:55 PM
8/10 in Metal Hammer. This part is especially interesting:

"(This Link Is Dead) is probably the most out-and-out brutal Deftones have sounded since When Girls Telephone Boys on their 2003 self-titled album. It's such a delight to hear the band rage with such uncompromising intensity again, so good in fact that it's the highlight of the record."

Well if that's not an incredibly exciting description for a song, I don't know what is. Damn, I can't wait for this album. I love track reviews and descriptions, they make me so hyped. I think there was one for DE and I remember just imagining what these songs would sound like based on these vague-ish descriptions. That and tracklistings in general are the two biggest non-musical things that send my excitement into impatience levels. Especially with a band like Deftones who have unusual and intriguing titles.

What's gonna be your ritual for listening to the album, guys? Usually I go on a drive for albums I'm anticipating but this time I think I might do some forest trail wandering.

I'll just be listening in my room on my headphones. I remember when we were waiting for DE to leak, and I'd been awake for almost 24 hours, refreshing the page constantly because we KNEW it was coming any second. And I'd finally decided to give up and get some sleep, aaaand of course the leak came out. I told myself I'd listen to it once, but instead I listened to the whole album like three times, so by the time I went to bed, I fell asleep to these brand new songs playing in my head lol. It was nice but I really hope I'm not as sleep-deprived as that this time around.

Visionz

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 18, 2020, 10:47 PM

"(This Link Is Dead) is probably the most out-and-out brutal Deftones have sounded since When Girls Telephone Boys on their 2003 self-titled album. It's such a delight to hear the band rage with such uncompromising intensity again, so good in fact that it's the highlight of the record."

Well if that's not an incredibly exciting description for a song, I don't know what is. Damn, I can't wait for this album. I love track reviews and descriptions, they make me so hyped. I think there was one for DE and I remember just imagining what these songs would sound like based on these vague-ish descriptions. That and tracklistings in general are the two biggest non-musical things that send my excitement into impatience levels. Especially with a band like Deftones who have unusual and intriguing titles.

I'll just be listening in my room on my headphones. I remember when we were waiting for DE to leak, and I'd been awake for almost 24 hours, refreshing the page constantly because we KNEW it was coming any second. And I'd finally decided to give up and get some sleep, aaaand of course the leak came out. I told myself I'd listen to it once, but instead I listened to the whole album like three times, so by the time I went to bed, I fell asleep to these brand new songs playing in my head lol. It was nice but I really hope I'm not as sleep-deprived as that this time around.

Well thats awesome for you.  Actullay sounds like it was a great experience. Hopefully same level for u this rime around... for everyone

pannch

Have anyone of you guys received Genesis for download (those who have pre ordered the digital album from Deftones website) ? Or will it release the whole album on 25th ?

secretbandinsider

Waiting for SNW was the craziest experience I ever had waiting for an album. I was refreshing hourly for days and frequenting every thread, hunting down every morsel of info. Thankfully I've calmed down a bit since then  :P

mono

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 18, 2020, 06:01 PM

Quote from: mono on Sep 18, 2020, 04:20 AM
The video is meh, maybe I've just expected more.

rule #1. never expect something out of a deftones video. ever.

Sir, you're right

Inkblades

Wow, that's exciting. I'll still try to keep my expectations in check a little bit because I remember a DE review acting like CMND/CTRL was the most brutal song they had ever written (fun song, but no) and SL saying the Gore title track was super brutal (noooooo, lol).

pannch

Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:29 PM
Have anyone of you guys received Genesis for download (those who have pre ordered the digital album from Deftones website) ? Or will it release the whole album on 25th ?

Can someone help me with this please. I've asked twice in this sub and no one has bothered.

Inkblades

Nope, no email for a Genesis download.

buflen

Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:46 PM

Can someone help me with this please. I've asked twice in this sub and no one has bothered.
Not helping yourself to get any help with this attitude.

976-EVIL

Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:46 PM

If you pre ordered the record on iTunes it should be there. Not sure about others.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.