Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

It needs one more "I'll show you the way"  I mean come on how do they not repeat that one more time and just let it build a little bit more. That part is as good as anything they have written in 20 years. I just want Chino to go up in that upper register one more time and just let it ring out.. then go back to the chorus.. every time I listen to this my brain wants to repeat it...

But  Man has this grown on me. I love this band so much. Give me one more I'll show you the Way it's fucking perfect.

End of my bitch rant/ 😩

secretbandinsider

I'm eating my words, the song has grown on me like gangbusters. How do they manage to always have that delayed effect on me? Anyway, never been so glad to be wrong.

LG95

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 18, 2020, 11:03 PM
How do they manage to always have that delayed effect on me?
You mean you're approaching a delayed rebirth?

rebirth?

rebirth?
I could float here forever

Inkblades

I'm eating my words, the song has grown on me like gangbusters. How do they manage to always have that delayed effect on me? Anyway, never been so glad to be wrong.

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 10:46 PM
Hold your horses just a little longer. Hell, with the NZ advance and shit, it's like 6 days left, if not 5 and a half, before it hits the web in a form or another.

My prediction is it will leak Tuesday or Wednesday.

Inkblades

Don't listen to Genesis while holding a cup of coffee. I just spilled shit everywhere rofl.

imbrie

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 18, 2020, 11:15 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 10:46 PM
Hold your horses just a little longer. Hell, with the NZ advance and shit, it's like 6 days left, if not 5 and a half, before it hits the web in a form or another.

My prediction is it will leak Tuesday or Wednesday.

I think so too.

Roidragee

It will leak on Monday at 2am, trust me!

Far away

Theres a LOT of ppl in here who 'suffer' the same thing, me included. Some stuff, not all, ofc.
For instance, at first, I didnt like WP, at all. When I first heard Ohms I was like: "hm..ok. Not that good, solid song". Now that I could hear it with Genesis, Im looking at it with a different perspective, for sure.

Inkblades

What's gonna be your ritual for listening to the album, guys? Usually I go on a drive for albums I'm anticipating but this time I think I might do some forest trail wandering.

Vesanic

What makes you say it will leak on Tuesday/Wednesday?

secretbandinsider

Quote from: Far away on Sep 18, 2020, 11:20 PM

Theres a LOT of ppl in here who 'suffer' the same thing, me included. Some stuff, not all, ofc.
For instance, at first, I didnt like WP, at all. When I first heard Ohms I was like: "hm..ok. Not that good, solid song". Now that I could hear it with Genesis, Im looking at it with a different perspective, for sure.

I've noticed this only happens to me with bands that I have astronomical expectations for. I'll instantly focus on what I dislike, makes me not see the forest for the trees at first so to speak.

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 11:23 PM
thatdeftkid told him

LG95

Imagine if it leaked right now.
I could float here forever

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 11:23 PM

vesanic, are you deleting lemon party posts? haven't seen a single one and it's so weird

Far away

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 18, 2020, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 18, 2020, 11:20 PM

I've noticed this only happens to me with bands that I have astronomical expectations for. I'll instantly focus on what I dislike, makes me not see the forest for the trees at first so to speak.

Yeah. Someone else mentioned in this thread a few pages ago. After so many years, we've created some type of formula of what we like/dislike in their music. Add expectations to the mix, like you said, its kinda hard to focus on the good if things go a different way of what you are expecting, I guess. After a while, with the artbook in hands, or with the whole record, it evolves. Not all the time for me tho. I still dont like most of SNW. Gore was ok. Last record that I recall that I genuinely liked most of the songs in it was DE.

imbrie

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 18, 2020, 11:22 PM
What's gonna be your ritual for listening to the album, guys? Usually I go on a drive for albums I'm anticipating but this time I think I might do some forest trail wandering.

First listen will be blasted on the stereo and then follow up through earphones for closer analysis!

nicklav

The release lines up with a trip I have to the PNW coast. Can't think of a better venue for this album.

Inkblades

Quote from: nicklav on Sep 18, 2020, 11:43 PM
The release lines up with a trip I have to the PNW coast. Can't think of a better venue for this album.

Dope! Drove from Portland to Seattle a couple years ago, beautiful country up there.

RaptureWS

LG95 mentioned a review a few pages back from metal hammer. I can't find it anywhere online though. Anyone have a link or is there any scans up yet?

it's so good to see everyone so excited right now. I'm refraining from posting that much because I tend to go on long rants lol. what's the album drop so you can be sure I'll be posting a huge review :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.