Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbpunk16

Quote from: SMLiberator on Sep 18, 2020, 02:55 AM
Genesis sounds exactly how I always expected Eros to sound like. Also, it might be just me, but I get heavy Slipknot vibes from that outro, when the lead guitar comes in and Chino starts screaming

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 18, 2020, 02:26 AMi'm not even sure he used the 8th string on this, i think the lowest might be the 7th string, but i could be wrong

I believe the lowest note is a C two tones down from E standard, so that's as low as White Pony tuning. Funny how I believe we were all expecting him to go ultra low this time around, but he's actually gone up in both singles

I'm with you on the lowest note in Genesis being a C. I have one of his LTD 8-strings (it's great lol), and the low "7th" string is tuned to B, so he'd probably be fretting the first fret of that 7th string to get the low C. I'm curious though, to see if he has the 9-string in the video once midnight rolls around (less than two more hours). 

SMLiberator

i'm confused??

Vesanic

It's available if it's September 18 where you live. Otherwise you have to wait until midnight. The video will premiere in an hour anyway, so the song will be available to everyone then.

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 06:09 AM
It's available if it's September 18 where you live. Otherwise you have to wait until midnight. The video will premiere in an hour anyway, so the song will be available to everyone then.
Not midnight here. Song is up.
I heard one second of it and stopped.

Slacker

Quote from: buflen on Sep 18, 2020, 06:12 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 06:09 AM
Not midnight here. Song is up.
I heard one second of it and stopped.

hahaha

pepis

Long time user. I haven't posted since DE. That genesis riff pretty intense. I think steph got a little lazy in the chorus though.

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

SMLiberator

i'm confused??

geraavl08

He's back on the 8 string?

Vesanic

SMLiberator

it was interesting how it kind of looked like they were all onstage performing and we were looking at all of them at the same time but yeah I guess that's all there is to it
seizure inducing as fuck, too

song has deffo grown on me though
i'm confused??

Far away

The 4th time Ive heard the song (counting with the videoclip premiere):

- Intro is incredible.
- Guitar tone really cool (I was a little worried about it, you know..9 strings and all)
- I liked this one better than Ohms
- Video kinda meh.

Overall, I'd give this one an 7.5/10. Could be higher, but that echo thing or w/e, really not needed in the song. Not a song killer, but... just being picky!

mrpelon94

when can we purchase Genesis ?....itunes?...amazon Mp3

976-EVIL

976-EVIL

mono

The video is meh, maybe I've just expected more.
The song is good, it will work in a show for sure. Also loved that Stef returned to the analog setup, the guitars  sound amazing that way

mrpelon94

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Sep 18, 2020, 07:12 AM
when can we purchase Genesis ?....itunes?...amazon Mp3
Nvm i got it ..thanks Fam🙄

pannch

I had pre ordered the digital album on their website. Anyone else who has done the same, is Genesis available for download ?

976-EVIL

The Groove is infectious