Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pannch

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 18, 2020, 11:53 PM
Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:46 PM
Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:29 PM
Have anyone of you guys received Genesis for download (those who have pre ordered the digital album from Deftones website) ? Or will it release the whole album on 25th ?

Can someone help me with this please. I've asked twice in this sub and no one has bothered.

If you pre ordered the record on iTunes it should be there. Not sure about others.

I pre ordered it from deftones website

pannch

Quote from: buflen on Sep 18, 2020, 11:49 PM
Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:46 PM
Quote from: pannch on Sep 18, 2020, 11:29 PM
Have anyone of you guys received Genesis for download (those who have pre ordered the digital album from Deftones website) ? Or will it release the whole album on 25th ?

Can someone help me with this please. I've asked twice in this sub and no one has bothered.
Not helping yourself to get any help with this attitude.

There are 2 ppl who respectfully replied to my comment, and they didn't come up with a pseudo smart answer like you have. So it says more abt your attitude rather than mine.

pannch

Sicario

Safe to assume Genesis is the heaviest song? If so, for those who have heard, are there other heavy-ish songs?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: pannch on Sep 19, 2020, 12:12 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 18, 2020, 11:49 PM
Nope, no email for a Genesis download.

Thank you

I had that same problem. If its not showing up in Apple Music, go into iTunes Store and find the album.  Hit the LISTEN button up top and it will switch back over to Apple Music and show you the Cloud/Download link for the song

edit: fuck I didnt see that part about you ordering it from the website.

Inkblades

Quote from: Sicario on Sep 19, 2020, 12:45 AM
Safe to assume Genesis is the heaviest song? If so, for those who have heard, are there other heavy-ish songs?

Word from the press is that This Link Is Dead is also heavy.

ASTRO JACK

Anthony fantano thought Genesis was absolute dogshit.  Guy actually got salty when people voted off mariah carey 🤣🤣🤣

LG95

Not having a dig but it's beyond me why anyone's interested in what one guy who doesn't even like the band thinks.
I could float here forever

Prty

People share press and reviews about the band here alot, he falls into that catagory, there are plenty of others here who follow him, has gotten me into a number of bands and artists. Hopefully that explains things.

Edit: I don't think he has expressed his opinion on genesis yet, that comment may have been tongue in cheek, he recently retweeted a link to genesis however which I took as approval but I could be wrong.

DenakDW

I dont care what Fantano says... he is a world class asshole.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Prty

ok cool, happy to move on though instead of potentially derailing the thread based on a random first time post from here on though haha

DenakDW

omg, thats true hahaha, nothing against him. i just cant stand fantano.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

LG95

I don't want to have a slight at Fantano personally. My criticisms about his work are more to do with the form and aesthetic he takes with it, and broadly how I think his whole brand manages to encapsulate everything I find distasteful and shallow about internet music culture. That's why I don't consider him in the same category as traditional, music press.

The actual content and thought he expresses in his reviews is of very little interest to me, either way.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

I was pretty surprised he liked Ohms. I care about his opinion only as much to see how much it resonates with the general consensus, being the influencer that he is. It's not interesting beyond belief, just some piece of info. I'd be curious to hear what he has to say about Genesis.

E-Money

Yeah I agree with a lot of his reviews and then I totally disagree with some as well. I thought he was very hard on the new tool record. I think there's a lot of great songs on that album. And I was also surprised that he enjoyed Ohms as much as he did...

And I'm sorry but Death Grips and Daughters are not worthy or perfect 10 scores.. not that impressed

Vesanic

Apparently This Link Is Dead is the heaviest they've been since WGTB. Which I find hard to believe, given there's been Rapture and Rats! in between. I seriously can't imagine 2020 Deftones going that hard. We'll see though!

I won't spoil it but wait until this one song (not This Link Is Dead, I haven't heard it). This one damn song. This one will leave a mark (not because it's especially heavy or anything, it's not about that debate). I know there's a whole wave of people that feel like Deftones lost "it" after Chi's accident, and I can see what they mean. I think this one song will make them feel something again. Maybe not as intensely as pre-Sergio stuff, but it will get their intention, I'm 100% positive about it. It did with me. :)

zeromindset

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 18, 2020, 07:46 PM
Genesis and Ohms are definitely not the strongest cuts for me.

Hold your horses just a little longer. Hell, with the NZ advance and shit, it's like 6 days left, if not 5 and a half, before it hits the web in a form or another.
This is very encouraging. Thank you...

nicklav

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 19, 2020, 02:58 AM
Apparently This Link Is Dead is the heaviest they've been since WGTB. Which I find hard to believe, given there's been Rapture and Rats! in between. I seriously can't imagine 2020 Deftones going that hard. We'll see though!

I won't spoil it but wait until this one song. This one damn song. This one will leave a mark (not because it's especially heavy or anything, it's not about that debate). I know there's a whole wave of people that feel like Deftones lost "it" after Chi's accident, and I can see what they mean. I think this one song will make them feel something again. Maybe not as intensely as pre-Sergio stuff, but it will get their intention, I'm 100% positive about it. It did with me. :)

Now this is something to get excited about.

Inkblades

Chino was kind of right when he said heavy is subjective, although I don't think anyone would disagree that WGTB is one of the most brutal songs they've ever written. For me, it kind of means he has to scream for the majority of the track or at least let out some blood-curdling screams at parts like the outros of Bloody Cape and Royal.

Genesis is pretty damn heavy to me, especially for latter-era 'tones, but it seems like not everyone agrees.

Inkblades

Also, I'm gonna try to not go into This Link Is Dead expecting WGTB 2.0 because I'd only be setting up myself for disappointment. Gotta let it be its own song.