Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 02, 2020, 03:24 PM
You two, settle down.

i'm about to help this guy out, just saying

Vesanic

Then stop being a dick about it.

imbrie

This thread took a weird turn.

976-EVIL

Everyone just take a deep breath and say, Ohms.......
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Draken

*leaves for a day, the forum is dead

*comes back and the forum has devolved into a pissing match...

ah there you are sharinglungs you ole bastard you

pannch

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Oct 02, 2020, 05:27 PM

OHMs...

from_musings

Quote from: Crisp X on Oct 02, 2020, 02:46 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 02, 2020, 11:47 AM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Oct 02, 2020, 11:43 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 02, 2020, 11:30 AM
Chino specifically said  that "i reject both sides of what I'm being told" was about politics. But i guess you as a listener could make up whatever meaning u want

lol really? source?

New album out and u dont listen to the interviews? Lol
I've read / listened to every one and missed that part. Which one was it?

Straight off the bat on battlecry opening track 'Genesis', Moreno plants his flag firmly in the ground. "I reject both sides of what I'm being told," he squawks.
"That's a strong statement in these political times when everyone is barking at each other: 'I'm right', 'No, I'm right', 'No, I'm right', 'No, I'm right'," says Moreno. "My response is that I don't trust anybody."
"I just said it in that song and thought about changing it because we've never been a political band.
To leave it in there was scary, but I'm happy with it."

https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/deftones-chino-moreno-ohms-interview-therapy-eros-2758778

Inkblades

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but Zach Hill is one of the snapping fingers on The Spell of Mathematics.

Inkblades

Okay, so it is a political statement. Getting upset about it kind of proves Chino's point IMO. He's just saying he doesn't belong to any political party and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 02, 2020, 07:44 PM
Okay, so it is a political statement. Getting upset about it kind of proves Chino's point IMO. He's just saying he doesn't belong to any political party and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am in total agreement with this and the statement made. Thinking for yourself is one of our dearest freedoms. Now let's get back to Ohms Awesomeness!

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 02, 2020, 07:31 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned yet but Zach Hill is one of the snapping fingers on The Spell of Mathematics.

having a guest guitarist, when 2 in the band play guitar, is weird, but bringing in someone as a guest to snap his fingers is even weirder.
maybe he produced the drum machine in tsom

LG95

Not saying it's a bad song at all but the more I listen to this album, the more Genesis sticks out negatively.
I could float here forever

976-EVIL

Special Guest Finger Snapper LOL
The years of practice needed must have been daunting...

from_musings

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Oct 02, 2020, 07:55 PM
Special Guest Finger Snapper LOL
The years of practice needed must have been daunting...

it really sounds good though.. can't deny it

Digital Bat_

This album is entirely insane! Every song feels like an album if you give em ten times repeat. And today I am stuck with Headless and the part that Chino singing after "you seek desire... someday..." makes me insane cause I have to know what is he saying. Any ideas?

Inkblades

Once Ohmsthony Notafantano finds out the Death Grips guy snaps his fingers on the album he'll change his score to a 9/10.

Hidalgo

looks like the album is only gonna sell 33k (ish) it's first week. Gore sold 69k it's first. that drop off is insane. wtf, like everyone just went bye bye on deftones? oh well, they have their platinum albums, and 10 million sold worldwide. the high selling days are long gone

Moana91

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Oct 02, 2020, 05:27 PM

jajajajajaj
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony

976-EVIL

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 02, 2020, 08:17 PM
looks like the album is only gonna sell 33k (ish) it's first week. Gore sold 69k it's first. that drop off is insane. wtf, like everyone just went bye bye on deftones? oh well, they have their platinum albums, and 10 million sold worldwide. the high selling days are long gone

I bought the Record through iTunes, I also went to 2 local record stores to buy the CD this week as well and they had not come in yet. Strange...Betting week 2 sales will be close to week 1.

LG95

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 02, 2020, 08:17 PM
looks like the album is only gonna sell 33k (ish) it's first week. Gore sold 69k it's first. that drop off is insane. wtf, like everyone just went bye bye on deftones?
No. Album sales are collapsing year on year. Add in a global pandemic too.
I could float here forever