Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secretbandinsider

Really? Genesis fucking kicks ass! That song goes absolutely ham

LG95

I like it but it feels a bit too Deftones by-numbers to me. It doesn't excite me like the rest of the album.
I could float here forever

rainnyx4

Genesis is one of those many Deftones songs that's so close to being great, which makes it eternally frustrating. All they needed to do was unpack the bridge a little more. That moment at 3:35 when Steph starts playing that other riff got me so pumped...and then back to the chorus riff? In the words of Joe Biden, come on man!

secretbandinsider

WHAT. You guys are serious? I was actually worried about this album because I found Ohms and Genesis underwhelming at first, but after many listens of the album those songs now rank among the best. I seriously can't believe you're criticizing the bridge into chorus riff right now lol

Visionz

rainnyx4

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Dec 24, 2020, 05:04 PM
WHAT. You guys are serious? I was actually worried about this album because I found Ohms and Genesis underwhelming at first, but after many listens of the album those songs now rank among the best. I seriously can't believe you're criticizing the bridge into chorus riff right now lol

Writing 90% of an amazing song and calling it a day is the story of this band's career.

LG95

If only rainny was always in the studio to tell them what they're doing wrong.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

I'll definitely take a 90% amazing song over a 100% shitty song.

secretbandinsider

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 24, 2020, 08:42 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Dec 24, 2020, 05:04 PM

Writing 90% of an amazing song and calling it a day is the story of this band's career.

Please elaborate, I'm very interested in what you mean by that. Btw you've been reported to the admins.

Vesanic

Visionz

Visionz

For those of u who "dont get" Urantia.... it will grow legs in time and you will likely deem it a sleeper. Its like a lot of their music, dont hear it at first but later its like bang! U dont understand why u didnt get it before. That song is so 80's and now at the same time somehow and i like it a lot. But im also an 80s baby so i heard all those sounds and songs that remind of this song, then. Its like nostalgia but i guess it isnt?

only pieces remain

Anyone else think the song poll should be reset now so we can see how different is now that it's been out for a few months?

Visionz

Quote from: only pieces remain on Dec 25, 2020, 07:47 PM
Anyone else think the song poll should be reset now so we can see how different is now that it's been out for a few months?

I requested that also.... yes plz

Penicks

laurapalmer

Unpopular take: I don't think that Terry is the right producer for this record.

Gaz

It's a good fucking album with the right producer, if you don't "get it" now then you never will

Draken

Quote from: laurapalmer on Dec 26, 2020, 01:33 PM
Unpopular take: I don't think that Terry is the right producer for this record.

What on God's flat Earth would make you think that?