Started by Martin, Dec 12, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypuppy

theis

Drew's other band.

Dark Heavens - "Heavy Drinkin" Music Video

Awesome song, even more awesome video.

mr.sinister

The vid is pretty bad ass,  the music is also really good, but can't say I am a fan of the vocals.  Seeing dredg again with Fair to Midland next week. Its going to be epic.

Tryptonique

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jul 21, 2011, 04:33 PM
The vid is pretty bad ass,  the music is also really good, but can't say I am a fan of the vocals.  Seeing dredg again with Fair to Midland next week. Its going to be epic.

I just saw 'em on Sunday night. Great show. I got high quality video (full 1080p) and audio (24 bit/96khz WAV) from that show.  Here is a Fair to Midland song (the song they opened the show with) followed by the entire dredg set in order:

Fair To Midland - "Whiskey and Ritalin"

dredg - "Another Tribe"

dredg - "Upon Returning"

dredg - "Not That Simple"

dredg - "Bug Eyes"

dredg - "Information"

dredg - "Whoa is Me"

dredg - "90 Hour Sleep"

dredg - "Light Switch"

dredg - "Planting Seeds"

dredg - "Down Without a Fight"

dredg - "Pariah"

dredg - "Of The Room"

dredg - "The Thought of Losing You"

dredg - "The Canyon Behind Her"

Enjoy!

-Evan

spitfire

Quote from: Tryptonique on Jul 26, 2011, 05:29 PM

Oh yeah, not to sound like total newbsauce, but how to hell do you embed vids here? The embed code YouTube provides doesn't seem to work unless I'm just being dumb or something.  Protips, anyone?

-Evan

dont copy the short url, use the full url
example:
short: http://youtu.be/9Lh_7X3SKRM
long (after clicking share, then options and click on full link)
Another Tribe (High-Def 1080p)

mr.sinister

The vid is pretty bad ass,  the music is also really good, but can't say I am a fan of the vocals.  Seeing dredg again with Fair to Midland next week. Its going to be epic.

I just saw 'em on Sunday night. Great show. I got high quality video (full 1080p) and audio (24 bit/96khz WAV) from that show. Check it out a couple of vids from the show if you're interested and keep your eyes peeled to my YouTube channel for the rest of their set to go up. I'm going to extract the audio too for personal use. Lemme know if you guys are interested:

dredg - "Another Tribe"

dredg - "Upon Returning"

More vids will be going up periodically throughout the next day or two - it takes a while to get 6 gigs of full HD show uploaded, trust me! :)

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, not to sound like total newbsauce, but how to hell do you embed vids here? The embed code YouTube provides doesn't seem to work unless I'm just being dumb or something.  Protips, anyone?

-Evan

Thanks dude. Cheers for the great quality on these videos. Do you remember the set list that dredg played by any chance?

Tryptonique

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jul 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
The vid is pretty bad ass,  the music is also really good, but can't say I am a fan of the vocals.  Seeing dredg again with Fair to Midland next week. Its going to be epic.

I just saw 'em on Sunday night. Great show. I got high quality video (full 1080p) and audio (24 bit/96khz WAV) from that show. Check it out a couple of vids from the show if you're interested and keep your eyes peeled to my YouTube channel for the rest of their set to go up. I'm going to extract the audio too for personal use. Lemme know if you guys are interested:

dredg - "Another Tribe"

dredg - "Upon Returning"

More vids will be going up periodically throughout the next day or two - it takes a while to get 6 gigs of full HD show uploaded, trust me! :)

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, not to sound like total newbsauce, but how to hell do you embed vids here? The embed code YouTube provides doesn't seem to work unless I'm just being dumb or something.  Protips, anyone?

-Evan

Thanks dude. Cheers for the great quality on these videos. Do you remember the set list that dredg played by any chance?

1) Thanks Nuno for the upload tip. You rock.

2) Thanks Mr. Sinister (probably my favorite X-Men villian! :-p). As for the set list, of course. I've received set lists after both dredg shows I've attended and had the band sign them. Funny enough, I got everyone but Mark to sign my first set list because Mark bounced before I could get to him. After this show, Mark headed outside for a cigarette and some people were having him sign stuff, so I asked him to sign this last set list. Nobody else was around, so I thought it apropo to let his signature be the only one on this last set list. :)

Anyway, the set list for the Boise show (July 24, 2011) is as follows:

Another Tribe
Upon Returning
Not That Simple
Bug Eyes
Information
Whoa is Me
90 Hour Sleep
Light Switch
Planting Seeds
Down Without a Fight
Pariah
Of The Room
The Thought of Losing You
Hungover on a Tuesday*
The Canyon Behind Her
Down to the Cellar*

*The show started fairly late and Gavin's voice was strained, so they did not play Hungover and Down to the Cellar. They were on the set list, though.

Regards,
-Evan

Tryptonique

All vids have been posted from that dredg set. Enjoy! :)

Jacob

you didn't happen to film more of Fair To Midland? awesome vids anyway.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Tryptonique

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 28, 2011, 02:59 AM
you didn't happen to film more of Fair To Midland? awesome vids anyway.

Naw, I really wish I *had* though or gotten some video of The Trophy Fire. I'm kinda kicking myself about that, actually. Trust me, I go to shows a lot in various states. I've seen shows in California (L.A and Sacramento), Washington (Seattle and Sacramento), Nevada (Reno), and Idaho (Boise). I'll see both Fair to Midland and The Trophy Fire again at some point and get some good video. :)

Glad you enjoyed these vids, though. :)

Oldnewtype

I saw In This Moment live the other day and i swear to god their intro music was EXACTLY THE SAME as the intro to "Information", just a tad bit slower. I was kinda pissed.

Corleone

So I've been listening to Dredg, and liking it, been listening to El Cielo only though. What else is a good album by them?

bright lights, big city

I really liked The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

skinnypuppy

My friend Denise did an interview. Audios a little fuzzy but it's cool :)

http://punkworldviews.com/dredg-interview/

intruder08

Did anyone else see Dredg live at the Key Club in Hollywood. Awesome show!

skinnypuppy

I actually missed it, but normally always go to dredg shows. Saw them twice not too long ago.

intruder08

I wanted to see them the last time they were in LA with Circa Survive but I missed it.  No offense to Tryptonique, the vids he posted are great but dredg had way more intensity during the key club show.

theis

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 28, 2011, 04:41 AM
My friend Denise did an interview. Audios a little fuzzy but it's cool :)

http://punkworldviews.com/dredg-interview/

Damn, she's cute!

skinnypuppy

She's a really rad girl. We actually were dating for a few weeks,  but then all of a sudden out of nowhere we both sort of lost interest. Still keep in touch with her though and really enjoy hanging with her.

The Circa Survive show I saw Dredg at was kind of mediocre due to the fans in attendance. I actually LOVE Circa Survive but they didn't react that well to Dredg. It wasn't that they hated dredg or even disliked dredg, but the passion of a dredg fan is what makes the show, so the atmosphere was lacking.

Xedora

I was just going to make a thread about trip hop..

I made a triphoppish song... it's not trip hop the way portis head is.. closer to house of blow stuff I guess

Life Itself - Hearts for sale

I'd like feedback