Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 12, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

Fireal1222

ive been seeing people bash the new album like crazy on here, so i figured it was my turn to listen.

i think the album is incredible. it still very pop-ish, but i really enjoy it from beginning to end.

the album doesnt have the awesomeness of leitmotif and el cielo, but after dredg released Catch Without Arms, i just kind of knew that they would never be the same again.. i must admit though, i am very happy with the new record and will be listening to it like crazy.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

decapod

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 31, 2011, 05:06 PM
ive been seeing people bash the new album like crazy on here, so i figured it was my turn to listen.

i think the album is incredible. it still very pop-ish, but i really enjoy it from beginning to end.

the album doesnt have the awesomeness of leitmotif and el cielo, but after dredg released Catch Without Arms, i just kind of knew that they would never be the same again.. i must admit though, i am very happy with the new record and will be listening to it like crazy.

theis

Damn, fireal is the last person I'd expect to love this album.

It's far from "incredible", but the hate it gets is definitely ridiculous. Hyperbole much?

Easily their weakest release, but I still enjoy most of it.

mr.sinister

True. people have been giving it such bad reviews but I can't really understand why. Great album through And through.

Caín

Quote from: mr.sinister on Jun 01, 2011, 06:47 AMGreat album through And through.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

from_musings

add 3 no's and i'll +1 it

from_musings

there probably are those who are guilty of exaggerating how bad the record is,but just as much as there are those who are guilty of exaggerating how good it is just because it's dredg."it's not that bad!" please. if I get an ugly sweater from someone I don't like and don't meet very often, I'll probably throw that fucking sweater away. but if I get an ugly sweater from someone I like, i want to like the sweater: "maybe to these pants?" you dig in your mind for things to be enjoyable about it. same with dredg's latest album and their fans  8)

mr.sinister

Well I am not hailing it as a masterpiece or anything I just think its a good album from an amazing band, but I don't like how people are dismissing it just because its not as over-indulgent as some of their earlier stuff. Early stuff rules hard, but this stuff is good too.

Oldnewtype

After seeing them live the new stuff sounds so much better with dino on drums, wish the album had more real drums.

Fireal1222

is it just me, or does "where ill end up" sound like an elvis presley type song

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Nice little acoustic performance of The Thought of Losing You: http://akustik.mtv.de/videos/4332-dredg/10012-dredg

mr.sinister

Man, Gavin looks fucking pissed in that video. Good performance nonetheless.

theis

haha, yeah i noticed that too.

spitfire

nice acoustic version, makes me wanna hear that album in a natural dredg environment

theis

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Jun 09, 2011, 10:03 PM
dredg - Upon Returning (New Video)

...don't do drugs.

that video was plain rediculous.

i like when they begin to enjoy the pee in the pool

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

Best dredg video ever.

skinnypuppy

Albums are a lot worse when it's not what you expected or wanted. This is for all intensive purposes, a good album. It's just that Dredg fans don't feel that it is a 'dredg album' - which makes it a 'horrible album' - see what I mean?  All of my friends who are non-dredg-fans love this album (because they had no expectations going into it or had never even heard of the band before)

from_musings

no it's a bad album no matter who made it, but i agree.. if it would've been made by a shitty band i wouldn't mind at all because that's what shitty bands do - they make shitty music.it becomes frsutrating when it's from dredg, knowing what they're caple of. but golden days are over