Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 12, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

Quote from: rehostia on Apr 08, 2011, 02:25 AM
oldnewtype empty ur inbox...

wow i didnt realize we could only have 10 messages....

Listening now and so far im pretty satisfied.

haha, the verse on the last song is almost exactly like that Leonard Cohen song from Natural Born Killers

Starz

It's definitely better than The Pariah but jeez the new record is boringgggggg  ::)

bright lights, big city

yeah some of the tracks get boring and I likely will just keep skipping over them. worst thing they've done, but I can find some stuff to like about it. The Tent, Somebody Is Laughing, Kalathat are all good songs.

but you probably can't take my opinion seriously since overall i believe Pariah was a waaay better album.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: Starz on Apr 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
It's definitely better than The Pariah

that's just crazy talk!

rock_n_frost

its not that bad..

the boring things must be the electronic sounds, beats
actually i think another tribe sounds very good

EDIT : You guys can anybody write the lyrics of ''Another Tribe''..i deeply need it
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

mr.sinister

So i see this leaked...

Debating in my mind if I should just wait or download it. Damn.

theis

Listen to it! I wanna hear your thoughts ;)

theis

Listened to the album a few times now.

Another Tribe - pretty good song. the beat reminds me of Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise. Chorus is a little weak.
Upon Returning - ok song. don't care a lot for it.
The Tent - really dig this one. has a very sensual feel to it.
Somebody Is Laughing - also a pretty sweet song. one of the stronger ones on this album.
Down Without a Fight - the most "non-dredg" song. very 80's, very catchy. just...weird. i guess i kinda like it.
The Ornament - beautiful. one of my favorites.
The Thought of Losing You - typical single. not bad, not amazing. ok song.
Kalathat - probably my favorite song on the album...tied with The Ornament.
Sun Goes Down - another decent song. nothing special.
Where I'll End Up - worst song. maybe the worst dredg song ever.
Before It Began - again, good song...not much more.

Consensus: Easily the worst dredg album. I don't hate it, but I sincerely hope that this is just a phase for them. I could imagine it being a pretty good bonfire/chillout album.

To compare:

Leitmotif - 9/10
El Cielo - 10/10
Catch Without Arms - 8/10
The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion - 9/10
Chuckles and Mr- Squeezy - 6/10

Slacker

mmmm maybe ill check

rock_n_frost

My top 3

1 - The Ornament  : Nothing wrong with this song, everything is perfect..
2 - Another trip       : Very good, i hope wont get bored of it
3 - The tent            : THIS SONG could be the best song of the 2011 for me, but CHORUS part is the stupiest chorus that dredg made ever..god damn i wish someone do the chorus better

The album is slow, electronic, rhythmic, simple, catchy and NOT so special...But good, i like it.
I love electronic rock music and little guitar touches but i would like to hear some classic dredg guitars too..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

E-Money

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed...

Oldnewtype

hahahhaahahah i dont see why any of you would waste your time comparing it to anything when its so much better to just listen to it for what it is.

I'm actually really glad you all hate it, makes me feel just a little bit closer to the guys. I love the new dredg and CANNOT WAIT to see them live next month.

rehostia

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 09, 2011, 04:27 AM
hahahhaahahah i dont see why any of you would waste your time comparing it to anything when its so much better to just listen to it for what it is.

I'm actually really glad you all hate it, makes me feel just a little bit closer to the guys. I love the new dredg and CANNOT WAIT to see them live next month.

Cause of this man... I feel horrible... I mean it's good but not as it should be... But the dredg essence is out there... Hiding somewhere...

Sea Bass

this album is one of the most cheapass record in sl. yeah you can imagine.

bright lights, big city

agreed about what a couple of you said about The Tent. definitely one of the few highlights for me, along with Somebody Is Laughing.

but goddamn
Quote from: theis on Apr 09, 2011, 12:11 AM
Where I'll End Up - worst song. maybe the worst dredg song ever.
it's so true. it's almost painful to listen to!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

pinkmaggit69

Just pretend it's a covers album of songs you've never heard before.  That's what I'm doing.  It makes it easier to enjoy the music, without wondering why in the fuck the band would want to move in this direction.  I love Dredg, but was Dino cool with being traded-in for a beat-maker?  This album sounds more like it could be Gavin's Team Sleep to me.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

lostpilot

theis

If only dredg would have done something like this:

Dredg - Holding A Remedy Potion

That song has potential to be fucking amazing.

decapod

The new album is seriously beautiful. Surpassed my mortal expectations.

Starz

The new record sounds boring and lazy. To me, sitting at home writing music and then e-mailing the files to other band members so they can work on the part is just a complete NO. They should be all in a room together jamming out ideas. Also, the production sounds so weak, could have been mixed a lot better but I'll wait until I have the physical CD.