Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 12, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Upon Returning stream: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/exclusive_stream_dredgs_upon_returning/

Edit: 30 second streams of the whole album: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chuckles-And-Mr-Squeezy/dp/B004V6FSTC

I'm...actually digging what I'm hearing. Sounds like a "night" album.

The Tent and Kalathat stood out the most. The Tent sounds a little bit like Radiohead.

mr.sinister

Agreed i'm officially down with the new sound its different but its dredg.

bright lights, big city

I read somewhere that they have material for another album due in about a year, which is supposed to be another different sound from Chuckles.

Upon Returning is catchy, I like it. Same with the 30 seconds of Kalathat. However, Sun Goes Down isn't doing anything for me at all, and I don't know what to think about The Ornament. That's a COMPLETELY new sound from dredg. Whatever, though, I just really want to hear the whole album from start to finish now.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Oldnewtype

I think Upon Returning is the song they played when my g/f saw them live. nice song.

mr.sinister

Yup nice song indeed. I just pre-ordered this right now, and I am seeing them on May 3rd when this comes out in the states.
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 07, 2011, 05:53 PM
I read somewhere that they have material for another album due in about a year, which is supposed to be another different sound from Chuckles.
That would be tits, I hope this is true.

rock_n_frost

this album is good
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Oldnewtype

wow i just listened to the clips on amazon and I have to say regardless of what I read I think I'm really going to like this album. Every track sounds awesome to me.

Mss264

rock_n_frost

not yet, ive just heard these 2 songs and the all 30 second previews
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

theis

I'm going insane. Why won't this just fucking leeeaaaak?

Wanna hear it so bad.

bright lights, big city

I know, this is getting ri-goddamn-diculous. Part of me feels like shit for begging for an album leak a month in advance, but then there are the insiders that've had it for awhile that are just dangling it in front of us, saying "Oh it'll leak soon, don't worry". I know expectations are kind of low going in, but now there's this anticipation which is going to kill the album for me. I can see it happening.

/end rant
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Mss264

Completely agree with the 'dangling' part. They should have never said anything to begin with. Makes them look like pompous douchebags.

Oldnewtype

I think its awesome. I know its weird but leaks have become like events for me, its always interesting to see how the more popular ones play out. like this one.

rehostia

oldnewtype empty ur inbox...

Mss264

Quote from: rehostia on Apr 08, 2011, 02:25 AM
oldnewtype empty ur inbox...

Please tell me you're sending him a link to dl the disc....

cesar421

skinnypuppy

theis

Gonna listen to the album in a bit.

Will post thoughts later.

Jacob

I called them out for turning into a pop band with the last album. this one only proves my point further.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Woah, Jacob. Where have you been?