Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenakDW

OHMS is on my top 3 now!
Jesus Christ, this are my favorite chino's lyrics since self titled.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

from_musings

Quote from: punkflop01 on Oct 15, 2020, 02:34 PM
This link is dead - 3:45 to the end - might be one of Deftones biggest moments for me since Rodleen on Knife party Annie Hardy on Pink cellphone

fixed

punkflop01

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 15, 2020, 06:19 PM
This link is dead - 3:45 to the end - might be one of Deftones biggest moments for me since Rodleen on Knife party Annie Hardy on Pink cellphone

fixed

Haha!

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I just got an update on my UPS Deftones package, it has an arriving date which is Saturday but the weird thing is that it was already in California but I guess now is back in Kansas which is weird af but I'm glad that I finally got an update and an specific delivery date.

IN WAVES

Ohms is still amazing. I haven't lost my desire to listen to it, even after dozens of plays.

The best track on the album is Ceremony. Final answer.

It's followed closely by Urantia and Error.

Far away

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 15, 2020, 06:19 PM

fixed

yikes

laurapalmer

Surprisingly I haven't been listening to it as much as I thought I would. Not for any particular reason as I have it on now. Headless is still the best track

Edit: never thought I'd say this but I theres parts of it where I don't care for the production on the vocals.

Second edit: Ohms is probably one of the best songs on the record

Martin

Quote from: nicklav on Oct 13, 2020, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Martin on Oct 13, 2020, 09:52 PM
Still waiting for my pre-order, with no response from the support team :/

I finally got mine yesterday (Southern California) so hopefully the rest are not too far off!

Unfortunately not (in The Netherlands).
I did get a reply from the support team; it hasn't shipped out yet.
That does answer the underlying fear that it had been lost in shipping, so that's something. I suppose maybe I'll get it around Christmas?

Shells

I'm still waiting for the t-shirt from my preorder bundle in the UK  :(

Iwazaru

Quote from: IN WAVES on Oct 16, 2020, 08:08 AMThe best track on the album is Ceremony. Final answer.

It's followed closely by Urantia and Error.
Literally

2MoreHours

After listening to this album dozens of times, I think it's a mid-pack Deftones album.  Albums I would personally place ahead of it are WP, ATF, ST, and SNW.  It is a solid album but too repetitive and not very innovative.  TSOM is my favorite track. 

LG95

A mid-tier Deftones album is a great album.
I could float here forever

Gaz

Quote from: Shells on Oct 16, 2020, 11:24 AM
I'm still waiting for the t-shirt from my preorder bundle in the UK  :(

Same! really poor service this

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Oct 16, 2020, 05:07 PM
  It is a solid album but too repetitive and not very innovative.

This. It'd be interesting to hear Deftones stay true to who they are and also incorporate more Math Metal/Prog influences with new music resulting in an Alt Prog sound.

Had Chi never died what would Deftones have continued to sound like and how would've Chi evolved as a bass player? Chi's playing undoubtedly affected how and what the rest of the band played and probably even how Chino sings and his lyrics. Chi's style and even choice of bass is different to Sergio's. No disrespect to Sergio. Sergio and Chi have different styles though. There was an interview with Chi where he mentioned being really musically influenced by recordings from Studio One which is a Jamaican record label that put out reggae, dub, and other Jamaican music. Personally I could really hear those influences and this is even mentioned on Wikipedia for Chi regarding recording Change.

Martin

Quote from: Martin on Oct 16, 2020, 09:24 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Oct 13, 2020, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Martin on Oct 13, 2020, 09:52 PM
Still waiting for my pre-order, with no response from the support team :/

I finally got mine yesterday (Southern California) so hopefully the rest are not too far off!

Unfortunately not (in The Netherlands).
I did get a reply from the support team; it hasn't shipped out yet.
That does answer the underlying fear that it had been lost in shipping, so that's something. I suppose maybe I'll get it around Christmas?

Wow.
A couple of hours later and the mailman delivered the entire pre-order!
Woop woop!

EDIT: I feel I can now finally keep listening to this album on repeat, now that I heard it properly (on some physical format).

plagasx

Quote from: E-Money on Oct 13, 2020, 08:32 PM
I'd also like to hear less screamy verses and soft chorus's.. if it's a softer song make it a softer song... don't need to be screaming just to do it... I feel like Chino pushed screaming where he didn't need to on some songs..

I agree. I really wanted a slower atmospheric song on the album in the same vein as a Sextape or Beauty School. We got close with Pompeji but I feel like his screams, while good, were unnecessary in that song.

FatherUppercut

I got my pre-order yesterday, so I'm set. The only problem now - my record player went ka-put. It straight up won't spin. I haven't used it in about a month - it's some random Amazon crap i've had for like 8 years, and the speakers blow... So now I have a nice new Vinyl and nothing to play it on so I can finally look into something I've had my eye on for awhile

https://www.andoveraudio.com/collections/spinbase-turntable-music-system

laurapalmer

Quote from: plagasx on Oct 17, 2020, 02:39 AM
Quote from: E-Money on Oct 13, 2020, 08:32 PM
I'd also like to hear less screamy verses and soft chorus's.. if it's a softer song make it a softer song... don't need to be screaming just to do it... I feel like Chino pushed screaming where he didn't need to on some songs..

I agree. I really wanted a slower atmospheric song on the album in the same vein as a Sextape or Beauty School. We got close with Pompeji but I feel like his screams, while good, were unnecessary in that song.

I fully agree with this

punkflop01

Quote from: laurapalmer on Oct 16, 2020, 08:53 AM
Surprisingly I haven't been listening to it as much as I thought I would. Not for any particular reason as I have it on now. Headless is still the best track

Edit: never thought I'd say this but I theres parts of it where I don't care for the production on the vocals.

Second edit: Ohms is probably one of the best songs on the record

Ohms is really a standout track. Never thought so when i first heard it , but after hearing it with the entire album, I realize how much I love that song. It's just so energetic and actually turned out to be a great closer for the album.

LG95

The Spell Of Mathematics, Error and Ohms are my current top three.
I could float here forever