Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 05, 2008, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell_Tanner

Here's a message from Chi's mother Jeanne, lost in all the positive replies to the original message I posted earlier (just look around it's there):

"It hurt me to stop doing the updates and the daily deeds. It was such a simple thing and made the world a better place. I thank every lovely one of you for doing these good works for Chi and for all of us. Anyway, it was felt that I was getting too personal and I am still trying to get my web site up. Back to Chi. I will try to be more specific. These three months have been very difficult and it has been two steps forward and one step back. It has taken so much strength to beat pneumonia four times, collapsed lungs, numerous infections including meningitis, brain surgery....shall I go on? Your prayers and God's faithfulness are the biggest reason that he is still here and fighting. And he is starting to move his hands some of the time and his feet and legs some of the time. It is progress and he isn't giving up. And I do let him know daily that you all are praying and sending him love. Our love goes back to you, as always! Jeanne"

and an other one:

"Please allow me to clarify the improvement/no improvement issue. If I had posted on the Deftones page, it would have mentioned that his trac tube was due to be removed. In point of fact, it came out about 6PM last night. The doctors do consider this to be progress. I wish it could be said that Chi was up and doing the happy dance, but not at all yet. He is still in a coma part of the time and part of the time he can look at us and work to move his foot and leg a few inches off of the bed. We, his family, are happy for these small victories. It is a marathon, not a sprint."

13hourstoparadise

Holy shit, I had no idea Chi was dealing with all that... Fuck me running.

Maybe it's best he is not awake.

I just hope the best.

Crazylegs

It's so good to hear that there's some progress.

Let's try and keep the arguing to a minimum. In this thread at least.

13hourstoparadise

I know, I'm sorry, as I said above no more will come from me...

Best of thoughts to ya Chi.

Timmy666

Hell_Tanner

Yep...he must have lost his mane and those brain surgery scars usually don't look too good...

13hourstoparadise

Edit...

Jizzlobber

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 09, 2009, 03:27 AM
Holy shit, I had no idea Chi was dealing with all that... Fuck me running.

Maybe it's best he is not awake.

I just hope the best.

yeah dude im not ashamed to admit my eyes welled up when i read all that stuff...you think its just a coma then its collapsing lungs, and infections and brain surgery...wow..

that hurt to read that..Pray for strength, sacrifice yourselves in Chi's name..he IS getting better!
<

Martin

Wow. Just wow. Kinda knocked back by this news...and that said, this is legit right?

Hell_Tanner

It seems it is. Like I said I only saw that news there: www.myspace.com/headupchi  it's on their blog and Jeanne even posted the commentaries I copy/pasted earlier there.

wither-I

pneumonia is a killer in a feeble state of health..

wheww

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defTHE1s

Good great fucking awesome news!!!!
I knew it! He's fighting hard, he'll get up as soon as possible!!!

;D ;D

Quote from: Timmy666 on Feb 09, 2009, 04:57 AM
"brain surgery"

!!!
:-X
and all that ugly things Jeanne said... and not only in coma! Well, he's a true fighter if he has been through that and is still alive!! hell yeah!!

great news! thanks for the update!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

mr.sinister

Quote from: Timmy666 on Feb 09, 2009, 04:57 AM
"brain surgery"

!!!

Chi is God. He even dodged having brain surgery! This is great fuckin' news.

Far away

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 09, 2009, 03:27 AM
Holy shit, I had no idea Chi was dealing with all that...

me neither man.. thats scary!

White Wrist

jbmp1390

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Slacker

yeah the respiratory issue its a main concern

dictatesofreason

Sugartolove

Please rest, Chi, so you can come back, happy, healthy, and ready. All my love, hope and prayers are with you, with your beautiful family and with Deftones.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde -

13hourstoparadise

** New email from Chi's aunt **

"Pass this on....everyone should stop what they are doing tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb. 18th and pray for Chi to wake up from his coma.

Thank you"

Heard from 'Get well soon Chi Cheng' myspace.